X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    For some reason, I enjoy hardfacing. I've only done it with stick though. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much with wire.
    Yea I always liked it too

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy61187
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    For some reason, I enjoy hardfacing. I've only done it with stick though. Not sure I'd enjoy it as much with wire.
    With stick, you have something to do every once in a while. With wire, it's even MORE boring...

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy61187
    replied
    There is a wear plate that is worn out on the bottom, I was told not to fix it because I guess they are going to be traiding this machine in soon. The only reason I had to fix it was because a new one was not available and they don't like the idea of buying new nor maintaining things for that matter. The sides were almost paper thin and I told them with some hardfacing once in a while this wouldn't be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy61187
    replied
    I actually added 3/8 diamond plate to the sides, working with what material was at the shop. Couldn't add all the pictures and I got flagged as spam the other day.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    I would have definitely added plates to the side cutter area which is why it broke in the first place. They are worn very thin and scalloped out. This creates the weak spot. It will probably break again in the near future especially if he prys with it. Another thing I have learned is instead of heating and trying to straighten it out I can usually just cut it off and realign it faster. With backhoe buckets you need to be careful of the cost of your labor as new aftermarket ones are pretty cheap. The customer is never happy when they find out they could of just bought a new one for the price of a repair. This bucket though looks a little larger though.
    Last edited by MMW; 04-22-2018, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• snoeproe
    replied
    They tore the cutting edge right off it. I've quite a few buckets myself. I might have added some reinforcement plates (1/2" thick) to the sides of the bucket for side support in the broken area.
    How is the condition of the wear plates on the bottom of the bucket?

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy61187
    replied
    15 hours later, heating, prying, beating, and some carbon arc gouging here's my fix.

Leave a comment:

• Anarchy61187
    started a topic Backhoe bucket repair

Backhoe bucket repair

Got a call at work yesterday from an operator asking for his frost bucket. There's no frost and now I'm baffled by it, but this guy knows his equipment and has been a dirt worker since Moby **** was a minnow, he says wait till you get here you'll get a laugh. This is what I pull up to...
Working...
X