My John Deere toe-out linkage fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My John Deere toe-out linkage fix

Here's my overkill way to fix a drag link on a John Deere riding mower.

You say overkill, I say a good farm fix.

Comment

My dads old stock car looked like that after he fixed it...Bob
      Bob Wright

Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
      http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Comment

Nope...I agree with over kill. I'm wondering if the over kill part was that small piece of angle as I think? We on the same page? Don't get me wrong, I liked the video. But that angle? My initial thought was smart move using the angle to keep things in alignment. Then I said, yup, he knows what he's doing and skipped ahead to the finish. Well... I think your idea to weld that angle instead of trusting your weld metal soundness and it's 70,000 lbs per sq. inch tensile strength to do it job a let down? But I like the video. Trust the force Luke.

Comment

Ya, you're right, that lawn mower will probably never work now.

Comment

No, the lawn mower will still work like it did before, he'll just have to cut another angle when he aligns and fixes the other side. Other wise he'd doomed to go in circles.

Comment

That is a fair point. Can't have a lawn mower that only makes left turns.

Comment

Good comments and thoughts. I have to say, that this fix worked well, and took me (so far).... through the first season of mowing once a week. I can say that I would have done it all over again. It's not pretty, but 'so far' it has been a money saving fix. If it fails, I will be the first to tell. I love the ribbing....especially when I deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                X