• Show
Clear All

• pgk
    replied
    Awesome looking cart! Great Job...

Leave a comment:

• Nedomine
    replied
    Love the bottle cage! Much better than platform and chains. My problem is that the next bottle I pick up at Airgas may not fit it. They seem to vary.

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    Done all dressed up. Now what to sink my teeth in?

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    Never claimed to be the brains of the operation. Time was not to bad. Time in my shop is a decompress time. Keeps me from banging my head from the days goings on

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    I had 14 gauge so that's what I used. I would rather have used 16 gauge for the tub and 14 for the face. I never put any beauty bends in the drawers. They seem alright but making the sides shorter might put a lit more spine in them. I did a 1" bend on the top sides of the tub. Before the drawer gives the slide will. I used 100# slides. I might go with different slides next time. I found some with a lever that stick out the front to lock it in place. The trick with putting the slides in is to tac one side in and leave one not taced in. When you put the next in tac the same side so the fronts line up.

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    That is nice looking and a lot of hours in it, when I have larger surfaces I also use a roller, they really lay the paint out nice we see who really did the work and painted, not only a good looking dog but smart.

Leave a comment:

• clint738
    replied
    What gauge steel plate did you make the drawers, side cover and top shelf with?

Any noticeable drawer flex when you load it up with tools?

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    Painted it, powder would have been easier but would have broke the bank. Used a small foam roller worked out pretty good. tremclad medium blue had a half can so that's what got used.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Did you paint it or have it powder coated?

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    I had to go blue to match the rest of the shop. After 2 days of fighting g the septic tank I was able to finish. Yes it's not small but I now have some room for my 150 spool gun and other goodies.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Clear coat it. It looks cool bare steel and all. I like that bottle rack.

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    Getting there made some progress

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That thing is so big you might need a steering wheel! <br />
    <br />
    ...that's funny, everybody seems to have an uncle Bob....weird.

Leave a comment:

• driver007
    replied
    Started the sides just need to pack a piece for the back. Wheels casters and tank devider. Some cable hooks. Coat of paint to hide the grind marks and Bob's my uncle.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I bet it would help keep the dust and other schmoo out of the drawers if you did close the sides. And think of all the real estate for stickers that would give you! Might not even have to paint.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X