• Show
Clear All

• Metjunkie
    replied
    Never!! Everyone got along swimmingly.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    probably not much along the lines of union vs non-union bickering over there.

Leave a comment:

• Metjunkie
    replied
    Things went along pretty well, until someone would bring up an issue and then hilarity would ensue. Doesn't matter now, the plant closed and moved to China.

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
    ...I used to work maintenance in a plant that was union, but didn't require you to be a member. Half the plant was union, half, wasn't.....
    How did anything get done.

Leave a comment:

• Metjunkie
    replied
    At the time, no. Now the plant is owned by a major utility that is union and the guys I still talk to there say it has gotten worse. I'm glad I left when I did, I'd probably be in jail for murder. On a side note, I used to work maintenance in a plant that was union, but didn't require you to be a member. Half the plant was union, half, wasn't. It was comical to watch the 2 sides banter back and forth.

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
    It's not just gubment employees, fellas. I spent a number of years in the power generation biz, and I worked with many guys that couldn't even do their daily duties without some help. And these are guys pulling down 100 grand a year. Management knew all about it, but as long as the work got done, they didn't care who did it.
    this will probably ruffle feathers but was it a union job site?

Leave a comment:

• Metjunkie
    replied
    It's not just gubment employees, fellas. I spent a number of years in the power generation biz, and I worked with many guys that couldn't even do their daily duties without some help. And these are guys pulling down 100 grand a year. Management knew all about it, but as long as the work got done, they didn't care who did it.

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    Being a government employee, I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Its amazing to see how many of these folks would not make it in the private sector ....
    I tell them all that, all the time.

There are guys here oh have left for a lot more money and said that they had to do work so they came back.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Being a government employee, I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Its amazing to see how many of these folks would not make it in the private sector...someplace they would, god forbid, have to be productive in order to earn their pay check. This is why its usually cheaper for the tax payers to have a lot of their work contracted out. But then you get into brother-in-law deals and affirmative action/preferred bid requests, etc.

I keep TUMS in my desk drawer and tend to burn through a lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    That guy sounds like a nightmare employee. Some people just can't help it but be jerkoffs. Too bad.
    It seems to be the mentality of most government employees that I'm running into since I've been here

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    That guy sounds like a nightmare employee. Some people just can't help it but be jerkoffs. Too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Originally posted by Bls repair View Post
    Make him pay for the repair .Bet it won't happen again.
    Ive worked here for a little over a year. I have seen this same guy probably do 25k-30k total in damage in that year on several different "incidents" over that time with ZERO repercussions. And it's been stupid stuff that he had no business doing. I've been telling them for months to get him off running equipment before he kills himself, someone, or totals a piece equipment.

Thats your tax dollars at work. We have several dumb asses like him who think when something gets one up it's funny. It drives me insane.

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    Make him pay for the repair .Bet it won't happen again.

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    I ran heavy equipment for side line cash, the biggest job I did was clearing, windrow and but 80 acres of scrub threes and stumps, it was a D8 cat and we had a Dresser TD20 and hoe work, I loved that but the sales manger job paid a lot more and no rain outs, I did the mechanic work on them also, that is what the fellow said, I pay well you break you fix at less dollars per hour, oil, water, grease and a full tank, eat the sandwich while you pushing to the windrow fire, they must not understand what the term good stewardship means then I went to work in the oil field high pressure cement mixing truck, with the Pete to pull it was 1.4 million, a lot got run off over excess abuse, it made my living, not going to kill that fees me

Leave a comment:

• Lostone
    replied
    Just had to beat the hood and door over the hyd pumps
    out a little. Will repair it once it comes back to the shop for service

Leave a comment:

Working...
X