No announcement yet.

Cat 326 Damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guy sounds like a nightmare employee. Some people just can't help it but be jerkoffs. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      That guy sounds like a nightmare employee. Some people just can't help it but be jerkoffs. Too bad.
      It seems to be the mentality of most government employees that I'm running into since I've been here

Comment

Being a government employee, I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Its amazing to see how many of these folks would not make it in the private sector...someplace they would, god forbid, have to be productive in order to earn their pay check. This is why its usually cheaper for the tax payers to have a lot of their work contracted out. But then you get into brother-in-law deals and affirmative action/preferred bid requests, etc.

I keep TUMS in my desk drawer and tend to burn through a lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          Being a government employee, I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Its amazing to see how many of these folks would not make it in the private sector ....
          I tell them all that, all the time.

There are guys here oh have left for a lot more money and said that they had to do work so they came back.

Comment

It's not just gubment employees, fellas. I spent a number of years in the power generation biz, and I worked with many guys that couldn't even do their daily duties without some help. And these are guys pulling down 100 grand a year. Management knew all about it, but as long as the work got done, they didn't care who did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
              It's not just gubment employees, fellas. I spent a number of years in the power generation biz, and I worked with many guys that couldn't even do their daily duties without some help. And these are guys pulling down 100 grand a year. Management knew all about it, but as long as the work got done, they didn't care who did it.
              this will probably ruffle feathers but was it a union job site?

Comment

At the time, no. Now the plant is owned by a major utility that is union and the guys I still talk to there say it has gotten worse. I'm glad I left when I did, I'd probably be in jail for murder. On a side note, I used to work maintenance in a plant that was union, but didn't require you to be a member. Half the plant was union, half, wasn't. It was comical to watch the 2 sides banter back and forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Metjunkie View Post
                  ...I used to work maintenance in a plant that was union, but didn't require you to be a member. Half the plant was union, half, wasn't.....
                  How did anything get done.

Comment

Things went along pretty well, until someone would bring up an issue and then hilarity would ensue. Doesn't matter now, the plant closed and moved to China.

Comment

probably not much along the lines of union vs non-union bickering over there.

Comment

Never!! Everyone got along swimmingly.

Comment

Working...
                        X