No announcement yet.

Welding 16ga perforated sheet metal to thick horseshoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep at it. I'm sure you'll get it going your way!

Comment

yea just need to practice, since this is for hobby, just need the time.. if i was already making money off this, id be out there even more time devoted to building and practicing my skills..

Comment

Build your skills anyway. Before you know it, you will have all sorts of odd crap showing up at your door. $10 here and $50 there adds up and can turn into some good coin sometimes if people see that you have the skillset to get them taken care of! I have had more than a few nickel jobs turn into a set of gates or other projects once somebody sees what you can do. My main income is not welding but, it sure is nice when I make money that I can put back into equipment that does not come from the household budget.

Comment

Yup...I got a small job the other day on a reference from someone I did another small job for, so it will perpetuate.

Comment

Well the unsure part of things is word of mouth, ive built things for family and now friends but have no idea if they will every share the word.. but like i said, this is just hobby and fun.. my actual side job is websites and application design.. so have few options for side work..

Comment

It won't take long. One of your friends or family members will send one of their friends to you for something. Around where I live, welding shops aren't particular easy to deal with and don't really like the small repair jobs. For me, I don't want a lot of work, I just want a little work. I have other things to do too....like put my old lathe back together.

Comment

true. i just enjoy creating things.. the largest thing ive made so far is a bar for brother-in-laws movie room along with a small side table for remotes and drinks.. even added remote control LED lights. , Made myself a new king size bed frame since ours was old.. time permitting ill make a custom head board for it..made a few rocket stoves, started working on a adult trike and a number of other things..

Comment

Originally posted by Ironken View Post
                  ... I have had more than a few nickel jobs turn into a set of gates or other projects once somebody sees what you can do. My main income is not welding but, it sure is nice when I make money that I can put back into equipment that does not come from the household budget.
                  If a Business has the work and charges enough an expensive Welding Machine and complete set of Accessories can be paid for in a week.

If things were super slow or you don't charge nearly enough you'll get all your money back in a couple of months.

If you can weld, it can be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                  X