No announcement yet.

brought me home a new toy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my buddy Ted's email. [email protected] He was at SBL and sold parts on his own after he left there...Bob
    Bob Wright

Comment

This is your parts list. Hope it helps. http://www.wswells.com/data/parts/pa...bum/index.html ...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

I was just searching through that page and found what the TKL meant, but I couldn't figure out the year or what the 12 meant. <br />
        <br />
        I knew grizzled owns SB, I'll probably order the serial number card. I guess it's useful? <br />
        <br />
        Thanks for the email to your friend Bob, I'll definitely tap that resource. <br />
        <br />
        I actually have a job for this machine right away too. Have a 12" sprocket I need to cut off an axle shaft and save all the parts, replace a bearing and reweld the sprocket on to the shaft. And of course it's all rusty and awesome.

Comment

Holy smokes...you rock Bob! So I don't need the card doofloppy from grizzly?

Comment

I bought the card for my 1919. Not much there at that time. Just some scribble in a ledger. Mine went to a Buckeye Automotive which no one knows for sure where it was. The internet is confusing Buckeye Automotive (Indiana) and Buckeye Engine (Salem Ohio) as one company. But my card for my 1941 tells me my lathe was running 24 hours a day making small parts for the war effort from GE of Ft Wayne Id for the US Navy. My 1974 was just bought sans motor for a company in upstate NY. My drill press came from Ted out of the SB plant. And my shaper doesn't exist according to the experts. So at one time before Grizzly bought SBL the cards were free. Now Papa charges 25 bucks...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

It makes your machine even awesomer since it doesn't exist. <br />
              <br />
              I was watching a video last night from mrpete222 on the YouTube on how to take apart the apron for cleaning. He was taking one apart from a 9", so I figure mine is probably similar at least, and since it's off, may as well clean it up. <br />
              <br />
              The quick change gear box is pretty dirty too. Plus I have to figure out how all that stuff fits together.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                It makes your machine even awesomer since it doesn't exist.
                Yup and it runs too. LOL...Bob
                Bob Wright

Comment

I also have a mill that doesn't exist but there are flyers of them in the 30's. They were a kit and you made them to suit. A company sold the castings and you did the rest...Bob
                  Bob Wright

Comment

That's pretty cool. My first HAM radio was a 50something model HeathKit, unopened, that I found at a garage sale when I was in high school. Had the transmitter and receiver. Pretty fun to put it together and then use it. <br />
                    <br />
                    Need to find me a copy of the how to run a lathe book.

Comment

Need to find me a copy of the how to run a lathe book.
                      There are several on eBay. The one I have is from the 1940's I think. There are also some current copies there, also by O'Brien like the originals, but not sure of their content. I'd go for the older ones unless someone has one and can vouch for the content. Not near my copy now, but I think there are pictures of your lathe in there.

I bought a rebuild book from a guy on eBay, stevewb, for my SB Model A. It is SUPERB! Great pictures and hints on what (and more importantly, what not) to do. He also has one for a 13" SB, which looks like it may be yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuild-Book...8AAOSwawpXq9gT

Enjoy your new project!
                      Last edited by Aeronca41; 10-26-2016, 05:48 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Looks like a bunch of wicks, the apron gasket and some other doofloppies...plus info I need?! Oh ya....<br />
                        <br />
                        This is why I enjoy this forum and the digital company of you gents. If you guys were my neighbors, you could total borrow anything in my shop at any time....<br />
                        <br />
                        Thanks Wayne, I am gonna buy that stuff.

Comment

How to.................................

https://archive.org/details/US_Army_...rations_OD1645

https://archive.org/details/firstyearlawork00workgoog

https://archive.org/details/elementarylathep00palm

https://archive.org/details/completepractic01rosegoog

Last edited by H80N; 10-25-2016, 05:31 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                          Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                          Dynasty 200DX
                          Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                          Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Looks like a bunch of wicks, the apron gasket and some other doofloppies...plus info I need?! Oh ya...
                            The book is the key. National Geographic quality paper cover and photos, with quality paper inside. This guy has obviously "been there"; his hints and methods are excellent. Worth every penny.
                            Last edited by Aeronca41; 10-25-2016, 07:36 PM. Reason: Data correction

Comment

http://wewilliams.net/SBLibrary.htm Some great info I have had stashed for a long time...Bob
                              Bob Wright

Comment

Bob.............Great Link......

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
                                http://wewilliams.net/SBLibrary.htm Some great info I have had stashed for a long time...Bob
                                Ryan.....Looks like about the whole SB How-To library... WELL WORTH... downloading & saving ALL for future ref...........
                                Last edited by H80N; 10-25-2016, 07:31 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
                                Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
                                Dynasty 200DX
                                Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
                                Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam w/ PowerMax-1000

Comment

Working...
                                X