• Show
Clear All

• Bls repair
    replied
    You wanted the job and get paid to .

Leave a comment:

• hoyland101
    replied
    hey guys thanks for all the replies, didn't end up getting the job in the end, I'm guessing they didn't like the quote, and I still have not heard back from Lombardy and don't know if I ever will. but thank you all for your help

Leave a comment:

• Daniel
    replied
    I work on many Komatsu equipment and always pre-heat and use t-91 wire for welding.
    This goes for small equipment all the way to 930E haul trucks. There should be 2 donuts on each side of the ears, take them off, heat and get those ears straight. Weld 2 brand new donuts on each side of both ears with the hole size smaller than original. Build up and line bore.
    Almost better then new.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Any word back from<br />
    komatsu? I'm interesting I hearing if those parts are anything other then mild steel. <br />
    <br />
    If not, are you gonna try and identify the metal as best you can on your own, like a spark test or something? Highly technical, I know.

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• hoyland101
    replied
    the rental company knows, and they are happy for it to be repaired but I want to make sure I am repairing it properly, that's why I contacted komatsu to see if they have a welding procedure and identification of the material, but so far they have not got back to me. some models I know are just a mild steel,others high tensile not sure. thanks for all the replies.

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    When ever we rent newer machines we take photos and the delivery driver takes photos ,same on pick up .You may get away with the repair but the paint gives it away

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    If done nicely the rental co. will never know. Most rental co. would probably tack on extra dollars for machine down time plus mark up on top of what the repair costs. Better to do it before it goes back & not say a word.

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    Has anybody talked to the rental company to see what they want done. They may not accept your repair ,they may want Komatsu to repair it.

Leave a comment:

• hoyland101
    replied
    Its a client that has hired the dumptruck that has made the damage so it will need to be done good and proper going back to the hire company.

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    Depending on how nice your customer wants it or how cheap they are, a "cheap, fast & dirty" way would be to weld a strip over the outside diameter of the black eyelets to bring them back to it's correct shape & then carefully torch out & grind the hole until the pin fits.

Leave a comment:

• mark101
    replied
    No there to out of wack, and yes i agree they may not but being a quoted job for my business it has to be done by the book. And i know you can repair a hm300 by cutting the eyelets off just tryna see if the 400 is the same material.

Leave a comment:

• Bls repair
    replied
    I doubt that komatsu will give give you the welding perameters for welding on this. Do the frame lock holes have enough play to get the pins in now

Leave a comment:

• mark101
    replied
    Yes it makes perfect sense, the eyelets from the chassis are apart of one big housing that goes all the way through from left to right, so coming back from the front on each eyelet and cutting on an angle upwards were it is the straightest i think would be the solution. I am just wondering the grade of material it would be? And the best procedure to follow when welding. I have contacted komatsu but still awaiting a reply. Hope im making sense, thanks to all the replies.

Leave a comment:

• mark101
    replied
    Yes you are correct, they put the pin in the wrong hole to store it and was emptying the tray all day which was smashing on the eyelets.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X