Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    Ryan and Ironken, now we going to have to stop this, its getting out of hand, I know you both want to protect me but I won't want you 2 to be at odds over thinks for trivial, I will put them by the road for the trash truck to pick up and that way I will stay safe and you all won't be fighting over tools that could hut you 2, just doing the right thing but got to say you all are fun and even interested in my well being, thanks, you all are bad, should give one of you a pea Sheller that I made year ago, to rubber rollers about 2' long with the frame, pulley on the bottom shaft frame below that then mounted a 3,400 RPM motor and it was on caster so I could move it easy, it looked terrible to look at but bet is was going to shell fast it did, got a hand full of peas, plugged it in put the peas at the roller flipped the switch, it spin and in a circle with four swivel caster every time it would make the 360 spin I was hammered by peas, fellows would have to have bullet proof clothing to shell peas and a broom to get them all over the shop I later learned about reduction pulley and slower motors, so I am still a little wacked must have been a pea got in my head, like you fellows, Joe
    Last edited by Tinker Joe 2; 01-09-2016, 05:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Ok Ryan....you got me. I tried to weasel in on your gig for some free and dangerous swag. When running machine tools, I prefer baggy long sleeve shirts and loose fitting gloves. I always wear my safety squints on my forehead. Don't judge me. At least when running rod like Nicromang, I filter my breathing air thru a cigarette. Enjoy your night my friend! Its a Goldrush on Discovery and watching the kids fight kinda Friday around here.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You little sneak...moving in on my attempts to make the welding and fab world safer? Not cool man. Ignore him Joe. In fact, I saw him once use a bench grinder without gloves on...ya. It's true. He's probably even tacked stuff up without gloves I bet. Rebel.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Ryan, I wouldn't want you to have two dangerous items in your shop. I will shoulder part of the load and take one of Joe's creations and promise to never use it. Joe, if you ever build anymore dangerous tools....feel free to PM me for my shipping address and I will take them off of your hands as well. I have two words for you Joe....welding positioner. Yep a very unsafe welding positioner with a three jaw chuck. Get to building my friend.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You're terrified, I can tell. I will gladly take both of those extremely unsafe and probably completely useless tools off your hands, for your benefit of course. I shall lock them away in my shop and use the living daylights out of them...uh hem...I mean, keep them safely away from any possibility of injury to someone's soft flesh.

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    Fellows, I made it out of 3/4" steal tubing, a local lawnmower shop gave me several of the crates that Scag mower come on, they have one inch and 3/4X4, I grind the welds and there is probably 80' of tubing on one of them, it is very stable but if you notice on the bottom there are holes drilled so I can screw it to the work bench or table with screws or bolts, when I take the next pallet apart I will send a pic of it, I made this tool on the lathe with that cut of disk to grind the welds, looks dangerous so don't even say so, I wear glasses, face shield, bullet proof vest, gloves, on heck it goes on and on, I just hang on and hope for the best, have not parted on yet, I don't how fast it turning but it humming, on my tube channel that riding planter is made from those pallets, so don't laugh at my grinder or tell my wife, she think I am safe ? then if I get scared I will give it to Ryan

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Yup. When you're out in the shop, you ain't walkin through your livingroom and ought to watch where you put your hands and digits. Got my share of stitches by not following that advice.

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    I was always afraid on things like this and even the Swag model that if it comes loose or tips over, it could become like a gilloutene for your hand, or worse.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You got it...skookum as they come. And made in America....at least the fancy shmancy mechanism holding the saw is.

Leave a comment:

• com1
    replied
    Looks like a cool idea.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    The table plate on that thing...aluminum? Did you do the machine work yourself?
    I second that. That is a Skookum Choocher right there (you like that Ryan?)

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    The table plate on that thing...aluminum? Did you do the machine work yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    Thanks so you so much, fun project and has come in real handy for the small project in the small shop, let's have a great year, build some things, tinker, what men do, thanks again, Joe

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV8Q...ature=youtu.be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFf...ature=youtu.be

The other 2 links so they don't get lost...Bob

Leave a comment:

• Tinker Joe 2
    replied
    I think I had sent it to you for a Christmas gift but guess I did not, heck when you start getting old and don't remember, I like it but they sure are loud, thanks for the compliment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X