dresser loader edge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dresser loader edge

This is a 8' aprrox loader edge adapter i installed yesterday.Ran ultracore 71A85 1/16"dia. off my Big Blue402D.
    Attached Files
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

nice and straight. Good job.

Comment

admwelder, nice job, is that a blade like they us on the Motor Patrols and can it be welded solid or have to weld short pieces and let it cool, that is a several hour job there, going to show us the finish photo, thanks, Joe

Comment

What steps did you take to keep it level and flat? I had a customer bring a John Deere bucket over that is used for snow removal. Lite duty bucket and it's just about worn out. To air arc or plasma gouge 13 feet of weld and then re-weld the same and have a crooked bucket has me concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by PlasmaGuy View Post
          What steps did you take to keep it level and flat? I had a customer bring a John Deere bucket over that is used for snow removal. Lite duty bucket and it's just about worn out. To air arc or plasma gouge 13 feet of weld and then re-weld the same and have a crooked bucket has me concerned.
          I stagger my welding allowing different areas to cool while welding in another.If you replacment edge is 5/8" or 3/4" thk. Warping is not much a factor.I have noticed the 1/2" thk. ones are more prone to warp/curve as you weld them up.
          BB402D
          TB300D
          DIMENSION652
          MM250X
          MAXSTAR140
          S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
          HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

Actually, if you got it to warp UP a little, that might not be such a bad thing with a thin edge because they tend to get bent the other direction pretty quickly, at least with the operators I weld for, LOL.

Comment

Thanks I have one going to weld on a dirt leveler was guessing it would have to cool some, thanks, again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker Joe
                . . . was guessing it would have to cool some . . . .
                Depends on what kind of steel it is. Did you see this one?:

http://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/w...epair-question
                Last edited by old jupiter; 12-01-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

How about using the bolt on type wear plates instead?

Comment

Here's the link:

http://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/w...epair-question

Comment

Working...
                    X