Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve83
    replied
    Uuuh... You're here. Browse this thread and the others like it.

Leave a comment:

• rustyboat
    replied
    Can anyone point me to a good source for a welding cart and table plans?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Running out of tool storage is like running out of beer...or air...

I'm in the middle of a near complete re-vamp out in the shop. I was doing one thing...ONE THING...and it's turned into "well, I'd I'm doing this, than I may as well do that, it's just a liitle more work..." And on and on.

I threw together a running gear for my big girl Helga (as H80N has named her). I'd post a pic, but posting pictures on here has started to irritate me in the same way painting does.

Leave a comment:

• novaman64
    replied
    Beer has been staying in my Yeti coozi.. Let me tell you how wonderful those things are! That box just got replaced with a bigger box... Ran out of tool storage...

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Just needs a beer holder...for a second I thought you were in my shop! I have the JEGS and Willwood stickers in the exact same spot you do on the same **** tool box.

Leave a comment:

• novaman64
    replied
    Heres the cart I built. Designed to hold my 211, Hypertherm Plasma Cutter, both tanks and all consumables.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Me and you both brother. I'd rather stab myself in the eye than paint.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied
    That's quality, piniongear! Looks sharp.

ryanjones, your rattle can finish is still better than my "natural" finish on my metal work. I can't come up with any really good reason not to paint other than I hate painting! If I were to be punished in the after life for my sins, painting would be my number one punsihment.

Leave a comment:

• piniongear
    replied
    My Tig cart was something I needed to make for my Dynasty 200 along with the water cooler.
    I went to a PPG store and had them match paint for a Miller blue and I am very happy with the way it turned out.
    By all means make a cart yourself. Just think out what you want carefully before you begin
    Then you know who to blame if there are any short comings and you can make it any style you want.

Consider things like cable holders and a 120V receptacle to provide power for a light or grinder, and maybe weld in a tube to hold the torch and/or some tools or anti spatter can.. I use my 120V outlet every time I weld.
    Perry Click image for larger version

Name:	SSS_4248 (Small).JPG
Views:	304
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	564749 Click image for larger version

Name:	SSS_4255 (Small).JPG
Views:	304
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	564750 Click image for larger version

Name:	SSS_4256 (Small).JPG
Views:	417
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	564751 ..
    Last edited by piniongear; 12-20-2015, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    You're making my rattle can painted crap look bad.

Leave a comment:

• Randy Forbes
    replied
    I made a cart earlier this year, for an ebay find I picked up. It's a Lencospot II, originally badged as a Snap-On. I've already put it to use__machine and cart__and I'm very pleased with both!

A plan:

Voila!

Getting the finished cart, and machine shroud, powder coated to match the rest of the welding gear in my shop was a must!

EDIT: updated to fix broken picture links.
    Last edited by Randy Forbes; 01-24-2020, 01:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    If you absolutely have to match the color, take something down to a sherwin Williams paint supply. I did this for an Onan generator I rebuilt, used a box top for an oil filter as the color sample. They matched it perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• Steve83
    replied
    I designed my cart around my machine & the 2 bottles for it, and I kept it very vertical (small footprint in my cramped garage). But it has room for plenty of accessories, and since it's painted as close to Miller blue as I could find (why doesn't Miller sell spray paint?), it looks OK.

Leave a comment:

• mbramble
    replied
    Originally posted by Ironken View Post

I like that! Nice job.
    Thanks. I originally used an old HF cart that I had with a previous junk welder. It was fine except that I wanted to be able to have both bottles on the cart. I tried to modify the HF cart but it just wasn't sturdy enough to handle both.

Leave a comment:

• Ironken
    replied

My table is basic and heavy. For all of my tools, I scabbed this together outta a cheap HFT roller cart.
    Last edited by Ironken; 10-25-2015, 08:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X