Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HMW
    • Mar 2006

Its taken me days to read this thing.....Funny how most of it is true...
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]

Comment

• terry welds
      • Feb 2007

ymbawi

your friend brings a 5min. weld job by and you do it in shorts and sandels.
      and the friend says are you going to
      weld like that. i said yes why. he said
      are you crazey or just blane dumb.so i
      guess i am a crazey bumb weldor.
      miller bobcat 250
      wc 115a
      spoolmatic 30a
      centery 250 mic
      2 lincoln 225 stick
      a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Comment

• JonnyTIG
        • Jun 2006

YMBAWI: You use what ever rod you have availble for a fork at lunch hour to eat your smoked oysters, or

you use that rod to scratch a hard to reach spot that itches.
        Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
        Esab PCM 1000

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
          Hmm....maybe Miller will send me a t-shirt or something for starting it

YMBAWI...You find a jacket on the discount rack at Wilson's leather and think to yourself, stylish welding leathers?? (yes, I thought it and even worse, I bought it! but it's never seen work duty)

YMBAWI...You're familiar with logic of "once you start to feel the heat...take em off!"

YMBAWI....You think bolts are for mamma's boys

YMBAWI...you have ever wrapped more than ten feet of anything with electrical tape
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've wraped a 25' water cooled TIG lead cause the ziper on the cover broke.
          Bolts aaaarrrreeee for mamma's boys!
          I know somone who welded everyday in a black leather jacket, we called him fonzy.

YMBAWI...You'r freinds randomly say the word weld cause they know you'll blurt out "What about welding!!!" before they even finish saying it.

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by HelgothJ View Post
            YMBAWI

If when purchasin or renting a house, your more interested in the shop size, how many 220 volt welding outlets it has, and if they match the nema configuration of your welders plug...

I'm currently shoping for a house and my biggest concern is wether or not the neihbors will tollerate grinding noises in the neihborhood. It's all about location, location, loction.

YMBAWI... somone ask "Howed that burn happen?" And you reply: "O crap wered that come from?"............. Or if you'r afraid to let your snot near anything electrical for fear of arcing.

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by gym2 View Post
              You know you are definitely a welder if you can some how notice a rusty old 1997 Ford F250 driving in the opposite direction because it has a brand new Miller "Fire Storm 5000" on the back BUT you can't seem to notice the brand new Dodge dually 1 ton driven by some young punk (with hat on backwards) and carrying only a magnetic sign that says "Don's Chair Repair" that has stopped for a red light 20 feet in front of you!
              I notice every welding rig I pass.

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by paulrbrown View Post
                YMBAWI your wife keeps finding soapstone and mig tips in the washing machine.
                Yaaaa, about that, I have to send my washing machine in for repairs again. (2nd. time.) Seems they don't like cotact tips in the drain pump to much.

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by paulrbrown View Post
                  ymbawi you've used a welding rod to tie up your power cables/suspend anything from anything else/make art/poke stuff
                  And they say theres no such thing as an all purpouse filler metal.

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
                    • Mar 2007

YMBAWI...You see a weld that looks difficult to weld and you act like you'r welding it just to see if it actualy is difficult or not. (Every time I pass by a support collum and see a weld in a weird position.)

Comment

• SkidSteerSteve
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
                      I notice every welding rig I pass.

YMBAWI....My girlfriend-soon-to-be-fiance brought up a good point the other day. She honestly told me she never worries about me running around on her with another woman (and I never, ever, ever would. I'd have to be completely stupid to lose/hurt the best thing in my life)....it's the equipment that has her worried!! True story

SSS
                      Bobcat 250, MM 210, Syncrowave 180, Spectrum 375
                      Cat 242B Skid Steer, Challenger (Cat/Agco) MT275
                      1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Comment

• Anti-GMAW
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by SkidSteerSteve View Post
                        YMBAWI....My girlfriend-soon-to-be-fiance brought up a good point the other day. She honestly told me she never worries about me running around on her with another woman (and I never, ever, ever would. I'd have to be completely stupid to lose/hurt the best thing in my life)....it's the equipment that has her worried!! True story

SSS
                        Miller isn't a company, it's a cult.

Comment

• beamwalker
                          • Feb 2007

you walk into a walmart, lowes, or any place with exposed bar-joists and bridging and stand there staring at the ceiling mouth wide open looking at holes burnt thru the decking,
                          you install a cremater for funeral home and they offer you 25% discount because your half burnt up already from sparks

Comment

• gym2
                            • Dec 2006

Not only a cult - it's also philosophy!

Originally posted by Anti-GMAW View Post
                            Miller isn't a company, it's a cult.
                            I am sure with you on that description!

The other day I was listening to some "Old Time" radio station that was playing an "old time" Bob Dylan song, "Tangled Up in Blue". Now what pops into my mind - "What an insightful love song" or "That's profound social commentary" - oh no, I immediately picture myself checking out the inventory at my local Miller distributor!

Man do I need help or at least some de-programming! (The family has suggested this for the last 20 years)

Comment

• terry welds
                              • Feb 2007

ymbawi

you have weekend away and get back to see a pile of what looks like scarp iorn in your driveway and ends up
                              being work that people has drop off.
                              and try to cyfer out what is what

hay skidsteer to bad your not geting paid for these threads.
                              miller bobcat 250
                              wc 115a
                              spoolmatic 30a
                              centery 250 mic
                              2 lincoln 225 stick
                              a 1954 hobart portable welder w/ willies jeep engine

Comment

• JonnyTIG
                                • Jun 2006

These threads are certainly worthy of a few fire blankets!
                                Jonny

Dynasty 300DX
                                Esab PCM 1000

Comment

Working...
                                X