• suicide machine
    replied
    hey guys thanks for all the help. its just welding has become an obsession

Leave a comment:

• SkidSteerSteve

• SkidSteerSteve
    replied
    free is GOOD!!

Take if from someone that has torn up front axles, go with the family truck. I dropped several HUNDRED dollars for a set of front wheel bearings (ok, sealed hub units) on my Dodge. And that was just parts! I didn't get my first wire feeder till I was 25. Stay with the machine you have already and master it. That will give you a good foundation to build your welding career on later in life. I'll give you this credit though....At least you know what a TIG is at 15! Keep learning as much as you can and save your money for later. Take care....SSS
    SkidSteerSteve
    Last edited by SkidSteerSteve; 09-03-2006, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MintSScout

• MintSScout
    replied
    I agree with Farris. I have two 4x4's and they are kinda pricey to maintain. (Gas prices) I don't reconmend you get atig welder cause you might discover that you absolutly hate to tig weld right after you blew a prety penny on a welder.

Leave a comment:

• fyoung

• fyoung
    replied
    family truck

take the family truck and be glad you got it..in my opinion you're to young for a 4x4 ..If you get the 4x4 you may want to start driving and acting like a lot of the kids around here and that's not good*LOL* . running thru muddy fields destroying crops and messsing up their trucks etc. (plus the 4x4 will be more expensive to keep up) You don't have to impress no one..so be happy with the family truck and try to take care of it and let the parents know you appreciate it by taking care of it.
    Save your money for the future unless you really need the tig now.
    just my opinion, Farris

Leave a comment:

• suicide machine

• suicide machine
    started a topic im in a bind

im in a bind

Hey guys

im 15yrs old

i bought my first mig about 3 yrs ago and i love welding. I've also gotten into cars. i getmy permit in 2 months i sold my 86 monte carlo and i dont know wether to buy a tig welder or a 4x4 truck. i live in jersey. my family has a 2wd 94 f150 pickup that i can have. i just dont know....tig or 4x4??

Helppp
Working...
X