Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HMW
    replied
    I assume you mean dip the tig rod[filler metal] in the puddle. I think it does that because there is not enough heat in the puddle to melt the filler rod. I do it too sometimes. maybe use the smallest filler rod. I think .040". haven't tried a beer can yet but will with my 180sd. If i can do it with that i know you can do it with the dynasty, you even have pulse with that machine which should let you weld even thinner stuff. Let us know how you make out and I'll post it when I try it.

Leave a comment:

• teknition
    replied
    Thanks for the link Mac , I'm sure it will come in handy and I will have a look at it tonight.

Thanks for the post Dan
    I'm not really trying to weld any aluminum for a specific purpose other than tig practice. I can't promise I won't sample the contents while practicing but don't worry, there aren't too many structural beer can towers out there and I wasn't planning on making one, but if I do I'll try to limit it to 3 floors

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    I cant help you with your settings, I dont run that machine myself. But as far as welding aluminum beer cans or anything of that nature I have gone back to gas welding using one of the new super alloys thats available. I wont **** any product here, but I can tell you that I have no problem welding any aluminum can or even filling holes up to 3/8" in diameter using mapp or propane fuel source. I know that even years ago we were welding cans togeather using the old tig technology, I am sure with your new machine once you get your settings dialed in, you will be able to weld as many beer cans togeather as you wish, providing you are not trying to consume the contents as fast as you weld the cans.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Here's one thread on the sister-board. I searched over there for "beer cans." A few threads have info, and this one had some specific settings you might try...

http://www.hobartwelders.com/mboard/...22beer+cans%22

Leave a comment:

Working...
X