F-800 Pintle plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-800 Pintle plate

Did this yesterday,1/2" plate someone did was cracking in mutiple spots.Replaced with 5/8" saved d-rings added gussets in the back at 60deg. inward toward center.All mig off my MM250X 70S6 .035 wire.Except top of plate under dump hinge sticked that 7018 1/8.Wire wasn,t wetting in the way i prefer.
    Attached Files
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

That looks heavy. Did you put any channel or anythingon the back side to keep it from bowing

Comment

Originally posted by bigtow30t View Post
      That looks heavy. Did you put any channel or anythingon the back side to keep it from bowing
      No that is why I angle the gusset inward to prevent bowing.He is towing a chipper not a15ton excavator.
      BB402D
      TB300D
      DIMENSION652
      MM250X
      MAXSTAR140
      S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
      HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

Comment

I had the same question, I normally run a stiff back also because thats where they fail, unfortunately it was hard to see if the gussets were on an angle from the picture.

I do agree, if he was a dirt digger hauling a 24 ton trailer then I would say you need to beef it up, but for hauling a 10,000 lb chipper that should be plenty, especially since you angled the gussets in.

In a worst case scenario all that would happen is it would start to bend if he over loaded it.

Nice job.

Comment

Working...
        X