Favorite Impact Driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Impact Driver?

Ready to purchase an impact driver and was seriously considering a Bosch. I know Milwaukee is a favorite too. Can I get some votes? Pro/cons, experiences, battery issues. What about as a brand wide system in general. If I chose only one brand to run a variety of other tools on same battery type. I want to commit to one brand due to cost of batteries. Thanks in advance!

I have ALL 18 volt Dewalt. They hold up well. As for the impact, I have the driver that takes the 1/4'' shank bits and a 3/8'' drive impact. I like them both. Actually, I used the 3/8 drive today with a 3/4 sockets to remove lug nuts on a 15'' farm tire implement wheel . I was surprised that it did it.
    The 18 volt dewalt grinder is handy too. That sucks up batteries. It's great for a short quick cut or to touch something up. Better then running out cords .

Comment

Favorite Impact Driver?

I stayed away from dewalt for years, not sure exactly why. Had milwuakee, makita, ryobi...couple others I think. Finally got a dewalt set and couldn't be happier. They seem lighter too, but my last makita was heavy as a cinder block. One thing about the dewalt is it seems you can get batteries and parts for them pretty much anywhere. Which is good. And they're not terribly expensive. I have had really good luck with the dewalt batteries too. And if you don't like the dewalt yellow, you can always paint your tools white like jimmy diresta does.

Comment

Makita

I'm partial to Makita. My original cordless drill in 1996 was a 12v Makita. It lasted me 10 years of use working for a boat dealer, using it under water in bulges, dropping it off ladders, etc. it took a ton of abuse and is still ticking. Being it was Ni-cad batteries I've stopped replacing them and have moved on to the Makita 18v Li-ion system and love it. I started with a 1/2" hammer-drill & 1/4" hex impact kit. I have since added 3/8" drive impact, circular saw, LED flashlight, and vacuum. The batteries range from small/light 2mah to 5mah. It is a weight/run-time trade off. I cannot say anything bad about any of them. Makita also seem to have a lot of tool options. The original batteries I got 4 years ago are still going strong, but I don't use daily. I also have the Bosch 12v driver, drill and impact, and while they are small and light for quick tasks, I couldn't recommend them a a primary impact, it doesn't quite have enough power

Comment

Favorite Impact Driver?

I have all rigid 18v and love them. The nice thing about ridgid too is that batteries and tools are gaurenteed for life as long as you register them. But honestly I think they all will probably do the same job for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
            I stayed away from dewalt for years, not sure exactly why. Had milwuakee, makita, ryobi...couple others I think. Finally got a dewalt set and couldn't be happier. They seem lighter too, but my last makita was heavy as a cinder block. One thing about the dewalt is it seems you can get batteries and parts for them pretty much anywhere. Which is good. And they're not terribly expensive. I have had really good luck with the dewalt batteries too. And if you don't like the dewalt yellow, you can always paint your tools white like jimmy diresta does.
            Jimmy Diresta sure does love his cat. Featured in many of his videos.

I've been using a Dewalt 20volt for some time now, no complaints.
            sigpic

Dynasty 200 DX
            Millermatic 350P
            30A Spoolgun
            Lincoln Pro Mig 140
            Hypertherm Powermax 30
            14" Rage Evolution dry saw
            40 ton press brake
            Evenheat Heat treat oven

1x42 / 4x48 belt grinder

Comment

Favorite Impact Driver?

Spike is cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan128 View Post
                I have all rigid 18v and love them. The nice thing about ridgid too is that batteries and tools are gaurenteed for life as long as you register them. But honestly I think they all will probably do the same job for you.
                I agree with Nathan. I have Ridgid also. How can you beat a lifetime warranty even on batteries?
                Nick

Comment

Dewalt

I bought and 18V Dewalt around father's day. Couldn't be happier. Wish I would have bought one a long time ago. I considered Ridgid but I have a bunch of other Dewalt 18V stuff and like having batteries all the same. I have a lot of projects going and have used it a lot with no trouble.

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                    X