Can anyone fabricate this for me? Stainless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone fabricate this for me? Stainless

Hey folks. I am building a dog house and am going to have a automatic water fill box installed in the side as well as a feeder. (See pics) The water box will be heated and circulated in the winter as to prevent freezing of the water or valve. This is why there is a back area behind where the dog will drink, the heater, valve, and circulation pump will be unreachable by the dog. Originally I was going to build this out of GFRC but I think it will be a bit too bulky. I took it to a local fabricators shop and they said they figure with stainless that the materials would be around $80-120, which is what I expected. He said it would take 6-8 hours to actually build the thing which seemed like a long time considered nothing has to be polished or finished and that there are no more than 20 welds which are no more than a 12" long. His ballpark quote was $600-$800, which is significantly more than what I was expecting. But I'm a landscaper, not a metal guy. So I wanted to get your insight and see if I would have better luck just having a one-man show fab this thing up for me. They were a large company so maybe I could save by having a hobbyist or smaller outfit doing it, but I don't know. That's why I'm here. I have a sketchup drawing of the thing. The only thing that is missing in the drawing are the holes for the electric conduit and water line. Please note that the outside measurements are all that matter. These measurements do not have to be exact, just within 1/8th of an inch or so.

Post a picture of what you want. Also check your messages. Words are great but a picture is worth a thousand words. If it is already modeled in sketch up it word be easy to convey what you want built. Make sure you include measurements for scale.
    MillerMatic 251
    Maxstar 150 STH
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Remember though that the bitterness of low quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
      MillerMatic 251
      Maxstar 150 STH
      Cutmaster 42
      Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Comment

Brendon welcome to the forum.
        You might consider a water heater for chickens you can get from tractor supply.
        Lincoln A/C 225
        Everlast PA200

Comment

Let the dog in the house.
          =======================
          Miller 211 AutoSet
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX
          Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
          Francisco Goya

Comment

Mine would be under my desk tonight, she has lost interest in me. Lots of Trick or Treaters are coming to the door. She has to charm each one. She has no need for a heated bowl.
            Dynasty 280DX
            Bobcat 250
            MM252
            Spool gun
            Twentieth Century 295
            Twentieth Century 295 AC
            Marquette spot welder
            Smith torches

Comment

How big is this and how thick is the steel? 120 seems cheap, is that what they are buying it for or what they are charging you for?

Comment

would like to see some pics of the plans or pics of a finished unit .

Comment

Working...
                X