X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tommy2069
    started a topic spotted some welders at a pawn shop

spotted some welders at a pawn shop

i spotted 3 welder at a pawn shop two were lincoln and one was a miller. the niller one said high frequency on it and the two linconls sait tig .i'll go back to get some pictures but i tried searching on the internet for them but couldn't locate anything that looks like them.the miller was painted black. the lincolns was painted with the lincoln red all 3 units was in new out the box shape. i have been looking for the cheapest way to go so i can run tig off my bobcat when on road jobs. the two lincolns looked like they would do the job i think the number on the side of them said m80 or it might have been n80

• tommy2069
    replied
    not yet been workin 7 days a week and their closed when i get home so i''ll just have to wait til work slows down

Leave a comment:

• Bistineau
    replied
    D
    I
    d

y
    o
    u

e
    v
    e
    r

g
    e
    t

o
    n
    e

o
    f

t
    h
    e
    s
    e

ma
    c
    h
    i
    n
    e
    s
    ?

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    had to do a job but i'm gonna try to make it back there this week to check into them more and get pics and model numbers

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Did you ever get any model numbers or pics..??....

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    thanks i'll look him up.at the time the trailblazer was out of my budget.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    duaneb55

Originally posted by JOE WAYNE View Post
    There was a guy on weldingweb that added a 14 pin to an older bobcat. I believe his user name was Duane 55. Might be worth a look.
    duaneb55 is and has been a regular here for many years...

Leave a comment:

• JOE WAYNE
    replied
    spotted some welders at a pawn shop

There was a guy on weldingweb that added a 14 pin to an older bobcat. I believe his user name was Duane 55. Might be worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    Originally posted by tommy2069 View Post
    could i use this with my bobcat? i don
    t have no 14 pin receptical but could i run just my welding leads to it like my aluminum spool gun box? i'm trying to get back into tig welding it's been over 17 years sinse i even touched a tig machine. but i want everything to be able to run off my bobcat so i can do any type of welding on road jobs .right now i'm setting up my 16' double axle trailer as a mobil fab shop with everything from pipe benders to my homade plate bender.i don't like turning down a job because i just don't have the equipment.
    Maybe... probably with a bit of adapting..

will have to see what model it is... then go from there....

this looks like a prime example of why a Trailblazer is a better investment than Bobcat... if you intend to expand capabilities like HF-TIG, Spoolgun or Suitcase Feeder...

That darned 14 pin sure would make it simple...
    Last edited by H80N; 07-05-2014, 01:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    could i use this with my bobcat? i don
    t have no 14 pin receptical but could i run just my welding leads to it like my aluminum spool gun box? i'm trying to get back into tig welding it's been over 17 years sinse i even touched a tig machine. but i want everything to be able to run off my bobcat so i can do any type of welding on road jobs .right now i'm setting up my 16' double axle trailer as a mobil fab shop with everything from pipe benders to my homade plate bender.i don't like turning down a job because i just don't have the equipment.

Leave a comment:

• tommy2069
    replied
    yep thats it it was just painted black looked brand new they was asking 550.00 for it the same price for the lincoln tig boxs

sorry i posted this in the wrong section if anyone can they can move it for me.thanks.

Leave a comment:

• H80N
    replied
    HF Box

Originally posted by tommy2069 View Post
    i the niller one said high frequency on it .........the miller was painted black.
    Am betting that the Miller unit is a HF add on box like an HF-251...

which is not a stand alone welder but an acces to a welding power supply..

BTW... they were painted black up until a few years ago..

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AY5-0.pdf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X