Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why buy it for $1 when I can make it myself for $100.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man! If you need a couple more big burners, I have two you can have. They’re a little bigger than that one and made for those big wok type cooking things.

I’ve used my beer making burner to heat my shop in the past. I sat a brake rotor on top to absorb as much heat as possible and then a 12” square piece of .125 thou stainless. On top of that I sat one of those wood stove fans that creates its own electricity from the heat exchange to turn the little fan blade. Works awesome.

I like the looks of your though. Very nice work.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	wok2a.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	373.3 KB
ID:	606444Click image for larger version

Name:	wok5a.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	606445
      Ryan,

Seems like great minds think alike.

Made this wok burner a few years ago to cook for large groups.
      I copied a weed burner design and made it in stainless as the cooker stays outside.
      Also use it for deep frying a turkey and crab boils so it has come in handy.

Original design did not have the 6" wide band of metal at the top.
      Had to add it as I was getting my chestnuts roasted while cooking.

Attached Files
      Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Call me the "Clouseau" of welding !

Comment

Latest stay at home project.

My fire pit tended to smoke too much as I burn junk wood in it.
        I save the seasoned oak and cherry for the fireplace.

Came across this squirrel cage blower and needed a piece of tubing to direct the air flow.
        The tube came from my neighbor when he replaced his pool ladder.

Added a piece of stainless flex tubing allow for a bit of adjustment which was not really needed.
        The 2 legs keep the end stable and I was surprised that it does cut down on the smoke. Click image for larger version

Name:	Blower1a.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	608738Click image for larger version

Name:	Blower2a.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	608739Click image for larger version

Name:	Blower3a.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	608740Click image for larger version

Name:	Blower4a.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	608741
        Miller Dynasty 350, Dynasty 210 DX, Hypertherm 1000, Thermal Arc GTSW400, Airco Heliwelder II, oxy-fuel setup, metal cutting bandsaw, air compressor, drill press, large first aid kit, etc.

Comment

Hmmm, that looks like an inducer motor for a furnace. I scrap quite a few of those. Always wondered what some of these parts could be good for.

Comment

Behold... The spectacle tree. Could've bought a wooden one for £10.

Instead spent hours inhaling dust and fumes to make one out of solid mild steel
            Attached Files

Comment

Then you had to paint it, that was clearly the worst part of the build. I hate painting.

Comment

New freezer racks

After 24 years, my chest freezer went south so I got a new commercial upright one.
                23 cu ft and all stainless interior and exterior.
                But it only came with 3 racks and I needed 5.

Additional racks were available from the manufacture for $105 each, so I decided to make my own.
                Copied the original racks using 3/8" and 3/16" ss rods.
                Each rack measures 23" x 25" and uses 30 3/16" rods so I used about 125 ft of it.

Used 5/8-11 ss nuts to space the wires apart and tigged everything together.
                Each rack needed 220 welds so I got a lot of practice.

Enough space inside to store food for another stay at home order.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack1.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	609292Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack2.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	609293Click image for larger version

Name:	Rack3.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	284.0 KB
ID:	609294

Comment

You could start a new business.... BH’s custom freezer racks!

I bet the $105 weren’t nearly as robust. Probably painted carbon steel flimsyass wire too.

Comment

Yes indeed they are nice and bouncy.
                    The manual says they are epoxy coated steel but it looks like paint to me.
                    Time will tell how well they hold up.

Did a rough calculation and found that in theory, I can store 736 TV dinners in it.
                    TV dinner = 1" x 6" x 9" = 54 cu in.
                    1724 cu in /cu ft.
                    1724cu in per cu ft / 54 cu in per dinner = 32 TV dinners/cu ft
                    32 dinners/cu ft x 23 cu ft = 736 dinners.

Should hold me for a while.

Comment

Working...
                    X