X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gearhead
    • May 2006

On line welding supply store

Thinking about buying a Miller Syncrowave 200 from Cyberweld (On line welding supply store) has any member had any trouble with this store.

How do they ship the welders to you. I hope not UPS, they seem to be hard on everything.
    Miller Dialarc HF
    Millermatic 180
    Warner Swasey #3
    Burr King Grinders
  • MD Welding
    • Sep 2005

I'm not one to buy a welding machine on line due to the return if something is wrong with it. I will take internet pricing into my local weld supplier and ask to match or beat it and he will if possible. If it's within 1 or 200 bucks it's worth it to me. Agood customer relationship with a local supplier is a good thing to have when you need help.

I bought a plasma cutter and had the air selanoid go bad after 2 uses.I almost bought it on line and I'm glad I didn't.

Just my 2 cents

Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.
    [email protected]

Comment

• Pitalplace
      • Feb 2006

I ordered a Miller 210 from them, no problems and much cheaper. Came by truck freight with no problems. I like this outfit.

Comment

I bought my hobart 110 welder from them and had no problems.

Comment

• Ray C.
          • Mar 2006

Good prices and fast service. They are happy to answer any questions.

Comment

• MAC702
            • Sep 2002

No matter what company you go with and what shipping service they use, just remember to OPEN THE BOX and inspect the actual machine before signing for the shipment. The driver's JOB is to WAIT for you to do this.

I had a Hobart arrive in a nice box. My buddy signed for it, and I probably would have, too. Turns out it had been dropped and the door and face were broken off. I was able to repair easily enough and it wasn't worth bothering anyone about. Only after knowing what happened could I see the evidence on the box where it had been dropped. (Yes, it was UPS, but that's really the first time it had ever happened to me.)
            Last edited by MAC702; 07-29-2006, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• fyoung
              • Dec 2005

Dhl

In our area DHL is a lot worse about dropping stuff than anyone else..around here they really mess your things up.
              Gone But Never Forgotten!

Comment

• Richard
                • Feb 2006

the guys at Cyberweld are super nice and fast service. thay have allways ben great to me.
                I know they ship straight from Miller to you. and have great prices

Comment

• Wild Bill
                  • Jul 2006

Ups

Yes,
                  UPs will bust up freight. I use to work for them and could not believe how rought they are on sh**. Any how hope this helps

Comment

• MAC702
                    • Sep 2002

I only ship with Jam Pony. They are a little cavalier at times, but they have this really hot chick that works there. Cool tattoo on the back of her neck...

Comment

• gearhead
                      • May 2006

MAC702, that was priceless, you must like those bad girl types.

ME TOO
                      Miller Dialarc HF
                      Millermatic 180
                      Warner Swasey #3
                      Burr King Grinders

Comment

• gearhead
                        • May 2006

Well, just purchased a Miller Syncrowave 200 from the Cyberweld folks. The free shipping and the no sales tax was the hook....
                        Miller Dialarc HF
                        Millermatic 180
                        Warner Swasey #3
                        Burr King Grinders

Comment

• PAToyota
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by fyoung
                          In our area DHL is a lot worse about dropping stuff than anyone else..around here they really mess your things up.
                          Yep, I've watched the DHL driver toss boxes from the street up onto my neighbor's porch - bounce off the wall and hit the floor and roll back to the railing...
                          Syncrowave 250DX
                          Millermatic 250X
                          Hypertherm PowerMax 1100

Comment

• MAC702
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PAToyota
                            Yep, I've watched the DHL driver toss boxes from the street up onto my neighbor's porch - bounce off the wall and hit the floor and roll back to the railing...
                            That would make a nice little MPEG if you kept your camera handy...

Comment

• bfloyd4445
                              • Aug 2006

syncrowave 180 or 200 runner?

Cyberweld does have good prices on everything I looked at. I'm gonna buy a ac/dc tig machine and cant decide to buy the syncrowave 180 or 200. The 180 is dirt cheap right now. Would love the Dynasty 200dx but it is pricey and an inverter machine. I've read the inverter machines some times burn boards which are expensive to replace. Anyway, which one should I buy?
                              I have never tiged before, and use my current lincoln 175 plus to slatter stuff, even been know to burn holes with it! I need practice I guess. For me this is just a new toy.

As for how to buy, do what I have always done, get the best online price like from Cyberweld, then ask your local dealer to match or beat it. This has always worked for me in the past. It does cost more cause I end up haveing to pay sales tax, but thats a small price to pay for local dealer support.
                              2006 Dynasty 200DX
                              2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
                              1940's 400LB buzz box
                              2004, 1979 Victor 100F, ox/ac

Comment

Working...
                              X