On line welding supply store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bfloyd4445
    ... ask your local dealer to match or beat it. This has always worked for me in the past. It does cost more cause I end up haveing to pay sales tax, but thats a small price to pay for local dealer support.
    I've never bought a machine from my current local dealer. I buy a ton of gas from him though and that's where he makes his real profits anyway. I'd rather not insult him by asking for cheaper prices on the machines when he already makes little profit there. He's just saying yes and taking even a bigger hit so you'll keep coming back for gas.

Sales tax around here for machine purchases is quite significant.

What exactly is your definition of "local dealer support" anyway? If they are a factory-authorized repair center, it doesn't matter where you bought your machine.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702
      I've never bought a machine from my current local dealer. I buy a ton of gas from him though and that's where he makes his real profits anyway. I'd rather not insult him by asking for cheaper prices on the machines when he already makes little profit there. He's just saying yes and taking even a bigger hit so you'll keep coming back for gas.

Sales tax around here for machine purchases is quite significant.

What exactly is your definition of "local dealer support" anyway? If they are a factory-authorized repair center, it doesn't matter where you bought your machine.
      First of all, your local dealer will likely pay the same price as any other factory authorized dealer. At least thats what I find to hold true in my business<bee products>. If I buy ten thousand or a few of a particular item the price dosen't seem to change much. Besides, what diference does it make if your dealer makes zero profit on this one item sale? He still gets credit from the manufacturer for the sale, and he has done a good customer a favor. I know I often give my good customers special deals just to say thanks for being my customer. Your local dealer knows that unless you move, you will likely still buy gas from him if he is up front with you regarding your request. Your local dealer also is aware that the best advertising he can get is via word of mouth from satisfied customers.

Yes, sales tax is 7.75% here and they are thinking of raising it to 8.5% in order to give money to a local ball club. So, a $3,000 purchase is actually a $3,255 dollar purchase which makes companies like Cyuberweld, ebay, very attractive especially when then pay the shipping and no sales tak.

By local dealer I am referring to the guy you buy your gasses from. That is if he is a factory authorized distributer for the item you are thinking of purchasing. He can save you alot of stress and trouble if something should go wrong. I'm a firm believer in supporting local business. Brings to mind a little town in North Dakota that was the home of a friend untill he came out west. I was badgering him about buying on line and saving money instead of buying in town so he told me about his home town. He said that when folks started buying online many of the local businesses closed up. Then the locals began to complain cause when there dryer quit they couldn't call Joe and get a quick fix anymore. They either had to have a new one shipped or take the dryer 70 miles to the next town to a dealer for repair.
      Hey, you can also buy gas from Cyberweld.com as well? Support the local guy or one day he may not be there when you need him.
      2006 Dynasty 200DX
      2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
      1940's 400LB buzz box
      2004, 1979 Victor 100F, ox/ac

Comment

So how exactly are you "supporting your local dealer" when you ASK him to lower his price to the Internet's price? His overhead costs per machine are obviously greater.

Either buy from the local dealer or buy online and save some money, that's still a decision an adult can make, but I'll never understand asking someone to lower their price to match online and claim that it's so they can "support" him.

Comment

So how exactly are you "supporting your local dealer" when you ASK him to lower his price to the Internet's price? His overhead costs per machine are obviously greater.

Either buy from the local dealer or buy online and save some money, that's still a decision an adult can make, but I'll never understand asking someone to lower their price to match online and claim that it's so they can "support" him.
          If you would have taken the time to read my previous long wihded email you would have found the answer to your question. See below:

<<<First of all, your local dealer will likely pay the same price as any other factory authorized dealer. At least thats what I find to hold true in my business<bee products>. If I buy ten thousand or a few of a particular item the price dosen't seem to change much. Besides, what diference does it make if your dealer makes zero profit on this one item sale? He still gets credit from the manufacturer for the sale, and he has done a good customer a favor. I know I often give my good customers special deals just to say thanks for being my customer. Your local dealer knows that unless you move, you will likely still buy gas from him if he is up front with you regarding your request. Your local dealer also is aware that the best advertising he can get is via word of mouth from satisfied customers.>>
          2006 Dynasty 200DX
          2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
          1940's 400LB buzz box

Comment

I read it. I disagreed. No biggie.

Comment

I read it. I disagreed. No biggie.
              Your right, I mustn't of made myself clear, and I thank you for bringing that to my attention. I don't think there is such thing as a bad question, but there is such a thing as a bad answer.
              Let me give you an example of how doing a good deed for a good customer pays off big time in the long run. And this is just one of many examples I could give you from my experience in the honey business.
              I got an inquiry from a lady in Virgina about an item listed on my website. After several emails trying to help her make a decision and learn about honey I simply asked her for her address so I could send her some samples. She said that would be nice so I sent her a couple of honey bears which cost me $6 to ship. Now I have already spent $6 not to mention the cost of the containers ans the production cost. She ended up buying five pounds of honey from me for ten bucks. I had already spent over six bucks for a ten dollar purchase, not good business practice many would say. Anyway, since that day I am always getting emails from friends and aquantenences of hers and their friends which often result in sales. I think since that date in 1997 I have sold at least $1,000 dollars worth of honey. Hey, because of her I now send honey to a lady in France, as well as Maine, Ohio, Virgina, and more.
              There is no better advertising than word of mouth from satisfied customers. All one has to do is treat them like they are someone special, and they are in my book, shoot, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the money to buy toys like a tig welder<smile>

Just blew a hole in a 1953 jeepster air cleaner.........grrrr........hate trying to weld that thin stuff. Was using a lincoln 175 plus and held it in one spot to long.
              2006 Dynasty 200DX
              2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
              1940's 400LB buzz box

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead
                Thinking about buying a Miller Syncrowave 200 from Cyberweld (On line welding supply store) has any member had any trouble with this store.

How do they ship the welders to you. I hope not UPS, they seem to be hard on everything.
                I buy most of my stuff from them. Excellent service and great prices. No sales tax and free shipping for me! Love it.

Comment

I have used them twice with absolutely no problems. I bought my Millermatic 175, and Spectrum 375 Cutmate from them at a GREAT price. I would use them again without hesitation.

Comment

I'm not following your example. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. "Supporting" your local welding store by asking them to lower their price to match an Internet price is the same as YOUR business doing your customer a favor and getting more customers as a result. I don't see the direct relationship between these two things. Maybe I'm so confused now I forgot the original intent of your post. If so, I apologize.

Your right, I mustn't of made myself clear, and I thank you for bringing that to my attention. I don't think there is such thing as a bad question, but there is such a thing as a bad answer.
                    Let me give you an example of how doing a good deed for a good customer pays off big time in the long run. And this is just one of many examples I could give you from my experience in the honey business.
                    I got an inquiry from a lady in Virgina about an item listed on my website. After several emails trying to help her make a decision and learn about honey I simply asked her for her address so I could send her some samples. She said that would be nice so I sent her a couple of honey bears which cost me $6 to ship. Now I have already spent $6 not to mention the cost of the containers ans the production cost. She ended up buying five pounds of honey from me for ten bucks. I had already spent over six bucks for a ten dollar purchase, not good business practice many would say. Anyway, since that day I am always getting emails from friends and aquantenences of hers and their friends which often result in sales. I think since that date in 1997 I have sold at least $1,000 dollars worth of honey. Hey, because of her I now send honey to a lady in France, as well as Maine, Ohio, Virgina, and more.
                    There is no better advertising than word of mouth from satisfied customers. All one has to do is treat them like they are someone special, and they are in my book, shoot, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the money to buy toys like a tig welder<smile>

Just blew a hole in a 1953 jeepster air cleaner.........grrrr........hate trying to weld that thin stuff. Was using a lincoln 175 plus and held it in one spot to long.

Comment

I'm not following your example. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. "Supporting" your local welding store by asking them to lower their price to match an Internet price is the same as YOUR business doing your customer a favor and getting more customers as a result. I don't see the direct relationship between these two things. Maybe I'm so confused now I forgot the original intent of your post. If so, I apologize.
                      No apology necessary. I was just trying to explain how your dealer can profit from taking less profit or even no profit on doing a good long term customer a favor like giving him a break on a price to match the competitions price. I wasn't upset, not my style, lifes to short to let things bother you. I was just trying to make myself understood.

Time to get back on track and talk weldin<smile>. The three companies I buy from in town, Harris Industrial gases, Airgas, and Barnes welding all will on occasion match online priceing, in fact, Barnes often has lower sale prices and they sell on line as well.

Gonna go learn to tig!
                      2006 Dynasty 200DX
                      2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
                      1940's 400LB buzz box

Comment

I got an inquiry from a lady in Virgina about an item listed on my website. After several emails trying to help her make a decision and learn about honey I simply asked her for her address so I could send her some samples. She said that would be nice so I sent her a couple of honey bears which cost me $6 to ship. Now I have already spent $6 not to mention the cost of the containers ans the production cost. She ended up buying five pounds of honey from me for ten bucks. I had already spent over six bucks for a ten dollar purchase, not good business practice many would say. Anyway, since that day I am always getting emails from friends and aquantenences of hers and their friends which often result in sales. I think since that date in 1997 I have sold at least $1,000 dollars worth of honey. Hey, because of her I now send honey to a lady in France, as well as Maine, Ohio, Virgina, and more. ..
                        And you're doing Internet sales instead of asking your customers to support their local honey suppliers?

Comment

No apology necessary. I was just trying to explain how your dealer can profit from taking less profit or even no profit on doing a good long term customer a favor like giving him a break on a price to match the competitions price.
                          Okay, I think I understand your point better now. I thought you were trying to dissuade Internet shopping to favor buying from local dealers, as a favor TO THEM.

Instead, what that really is is we asking them to do US a favor.

At least, I see a difference there.

He's got my gas business and last-minute consumables business anyway.

Comment

And you're doing Internet sales instead of asking your customers to support their local honey suppliers?
                            I have a website, but I get almost no internet business, most of my business is from referals from other customers. I often inform people that the best honey is honey that you get from a local beekeeper that follows clean beeking practices< clean meaning agriculture without manmade chemicals and follows the USDA organic standard>. Honey from your area if used dailey will help your body protect itself from natural allergins. Hey, no one likes allergys.
                            However, many types of honey can only be produced in certain areas so if your into specialty honeys like, Heather, Tupelo, posion oak, etc. you must find a clean beekeeper that produces that particular honey. Most heather honey comes from Scotland, Tupelo from, I think, Georgia, posion oak from Florida. In ca we produce lots of sage, orange, star thistle honey. I bought my farm in Oregon because it was in an area that makes great Blackberry honey.
                            2006 Dynasty 200DX
                            2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
                            1940's 400LB buzz box

Comment

I bought my farm in Oregon because it was in an area that makes great Blackberry honey.
                              Now's a good time to tell you that we love honey!! What's your website? *drool*

Comment

The Miller Syncrowave 200 showed up today, I ordered it on Monday evening and was delievered today, not to bad. Very happy with Ciberweld and the trucking company they used to deliever it. I will do business with them again....
                                Miller Dialarc HF
                                Millermatic 180
                                Warner Swasey #3
                                Burr King Grinders

Comment

Working...
                                X