X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WillieB
    replied
    Originally posted by cotydavis View Post
    Hello all, I am new here. I was wondering if anyone has built a jig for sharpen lawnmower blades? I am needing ideas as I have about 40 sets to sharpen. Thanks
    It occurs to me the basis for a machine would start with a radial arm saw. Outfit the saw with a grinder disc, rotate the motor 90 degrees and build a clamp mechanism to hold the blade in correct orientation. You can raise or lower the head to take very light cuts controlling kickback and heat build up. A mist water system would be a nice touch, maybe a wagner paint sprayer?
    It would be nice to see one of these saws used. they are otherwise not very useful.

Leave a comment:

• bigtow30t
    replied
    Go to a place that sells commercial mowers, they should sell blade sharpeners. They are expensive, we sell them for like $400+. But that should give you an idea on how to make something. I will look to see if we have 1 in stock, but not sure

Leave a comment:

• cotydavis
    replied
    I am sharpening for a couple grass cutters so I. Trying to think of something to keep the angles correct.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    I just use a 4 1/2" angle grinder. I do about 20 a year for the neighborhood...Bob

Leave a comment:

• cotydavis
    started a topic lawnmower blade sharpening jig

lawnmower blade sharpening jig

Hello all, I am new here. I was wondering if anyone has built a jig for sharpen lawnmower blades? I am needing ideas as I have about 40 sets to sharpen. Thanks
Working...
X