X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admweld
    started a topic Next thing going on my rig

Next thing going on my rig

Just picked this up Friday got the outriggers also.Need to build a mounting platform off my deck.Will post more pics as we progress.Gonna be awhile as I,m slamed with work right now.
    Attached Files

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I personally like the gas powered ingersorand compressor so that I dont have to have my truck running for hours at a time, My compressor will run for a good 4-5 hrs on 1 gallon, I dont think my truck will do that, not to mention the extra wear on the expensive diesel engine.
    agree 100%.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I personally like the gas powered ingersorand compressor so that I dont have to have my truck running for hours at a time, My compressor will run for a good 4-5 hrs on 1 gallon, I dont think my truck will do that, not to mention the extra wear on the expensive diesel engine.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    [QUOTE=Tryagn5;313813]Now its time for a hydraulic air compressor! Also no worries on the oil overheating, a service truck crane is not non stop operation, , and is an open center hydraulic system, so it simply returns to tank when the crane is in idle postion...ie pto engaged pump turning. Also i would recommend running the truck at 1200 rpms or so, if you run a 7.3 or 6.0 injectors live much longer when they are being cooled properly.Ihave the aux idle controller to ramp up idle wasn,t sure where to run it at.Thanks for advice.Was going to put in the blue regulator pressure spring update also.I have a engine driven ir compressor with kholer 11.5hp gas engine 30 gal tank.It,s behind my O/A tanks.
    /QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Tryagn5
    replied
    since your plumbed...

Now its time for a hydraulic air compressor! Also no worries on the oil overheating, a service truck crane is not non stop operation, , and is an open center hydraulic system, so it simply returns to tank when the crane is in idle postion...ie pto engaged pump turning. Also i would recommend running the truck at 1200 rpms or so, if you run a 7.3 or 6.0 injectors live much longer when they are being cooled properly.
    Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Truck looks great, Now your at a new level, As far as being able to load things onto your trailer to bring back to the shop, Erecting steel, Using the boom to hold your suitcase feeder where you need it etc.

Any way, Congradulations on your build.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by kiwi View Post
    This is a great thread. Thanks for posting, and oh yes your truck looks great.
    Nick
    Thank you.Glad you like.

Leave a comment:

• kiwi
    replied
    This is a great thread. Thanks for posting, and oh yes your truck looks great.
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    couple of pics of it all done on the rig.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Wow, I would not have guessed that.
    Idid I knew I,m running heavy machine weighs 1800,air comp 500lb,deck weighs 3600lb.

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    Wow, I would not have guessed that.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Tank is mounted, crane is running.Had 3 springs added to p-side main stack,single top helper replaced with a 4 pack helper,d- side 1 in the and a 4 pack helper on top.Truck is up about another 4".Weighed in at 18,600lbs,front tank empty back tank half full tack on another 36 gals of diesel on the number when fully fueled.Will snap a few finished pics and post later.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    pto is on/tank is fabbed

Pic of pto and pump had to chop off some excess tranny material to get pump on.Tank laying on bench waiting for McMaster carr to deliver tank fittings for plumbing.Also pic of p-side outrigger mounted.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    admweld, If you remember what my truck looks like, I have a full 20' long rack on my F-550, A compressor, the crane and the Miller Pipe pro and I weigh out at 16,680 lbs.

My guess is that you will weigh between 15 and 16,000 Lbs. and your GVW should be 17,500 Lbs.

I used to run with a 24,000 Lb plate but because I haul a trailer and my little backhoe and four 4'x 8'x 1/2"thick road plates I changed to a 28,000Lb plate.
    Portable I think I,m gonna weigh more then that.I willing to bet I,m gonna weigh 18,000-19,000-lbs

Leave a comment:

• Portable Welder
    replied
    admweld, If you remember what my truck looks like, I have a full 20' long rack on my F-550, A compressor, the crane and the Miller Pipe pro and I weigh out at 16,680 lbs.

My guess is that you will weigh between 15 and 16,000 Lbs. and your GVW should be 17,500 Lbs.

I used to run with a 24,000 Lb plate but because I haul a trailer and my little backhoe and four 4'x 8'x 1/2"thick road plates I changed to a 28,000Lb plate.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X