X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USMCPOP
    replied
    Several ideas here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...all-trees.html

The pipe & chain device is simple to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0718_zps72e80f4c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	515857

Leave a comment:

• bigtow30t
    replied
    In the long run it would be cheaper to buy it from Northern tool

Leave a comment:

• jmpgino
    replied
    Originally posted by Doughboyracer View Post

Well that is very close to my minds eye of the tool needed. I had not thought of the grabbing aspect in that way but it does look like it could be replicated. My idea came to me as a pull and push at the same time, this rear both sides grip idea would be easier to build than mine but I now have too think how the grip part can be built. I see no reason why it should swivel, if strong enough it will just rip the tree around the area. There must be a reasonable spring holding the two faces together, allowing the grip to be maintained as you walk back to the truck.
    Thanks for the clip, kind of you to bother and help me.
    Cheers,
    James.

Leave a comment:

• Doughboyracer
    replied
    Like this...?

Northern tool

Leave a comment:

• jmpgino
    started a topic Small tree pulling device.

Small tree pulling device.

Hello chaps,
    I have a problem with some small trees growing on the outer edges of my land. I have been able to rip them out of the ground, using a chain and nylon cord. My main problem doing this is that the nylon ends up being very hard to remove after because it locks up. Sometimes it slips and just strips the trees.
    So I have an idea in my head of welding something up, one part, a sort of hook this is placed behind the base of the tree, then a further part presses the tree into the hook when the chain is tightened by the truck pulling away. Obviously all one fixture involving some pivots.
    I have no idea how to post my idea, so have any of you some ideas that could help me please.
    Yesterday I spent two hours pulling four trees that were no more than two inches thick at the base, the rope just kept slipping, when I did get a good hold, the tree came up like a tooth but took ages for the rope to be freed again.
    Any help would be very kind, I also promise to post a picture of the welded article.
Working...
X