X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericher69
    replied
    garage Elevator Man lift project

1) If you can't tell the difference between Country bashing and hard facts ; http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/06/10/05/how-many-lawsuits-are-there-in-the-us--amp-what-are-they-for-an-amazing-overview.htm
    Then I feel sorry for you

2) you have a point and you are right

3) Big loss! Lol

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by ericher69 View Post
    "You know this, the poster has no buisness building "XXXX". Either get someone else to do the job, or educate yourself to the point that you don't have to ask kindergarden level questions"

Thought I would ask the "experts"; if you don't know the answer no need to ridicule me a mere mortal.

Liability insurance?? Will be used at home for my purposes by myself only. Oh yah I don't live in the USA where everybody is lawyered up and looking for an easy pay day.

Would I build this for someone else or for money? No as I don't want someone using the lift above capacity or incorrectly and getting injured.

I can build whatever I want at home and utilize it as I see fit and nobody can tell me otherwise including you!

Thanks 4 nothing
    1) Dont come to an AMERICAN website hosted by an AMERICAN company and bash AMERICA because it will get you no where fast.

2) Wherever this will be installed, used by you and you only does not make it safe. You will not own that building forever - no one ever has and no one ever will. There is always the potential for someone else to get hurt because of someones stupidity.

3) You build whatever you want at home and utilize it as you see fit - I have a feeling no one here will tell you any different on how to use it or build it.

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    replied

"You know this, the poster has no buisness building "XXXX". Either get someone else to do the job, or educate yourself to the point that you don't have to ask kindergarden level questions"

Thought I would ask the "experts"; if you don't know the answer no need to ridicule me a mere mortal.

Liability insurance?? Will be used at home for my purposes by myself only. Oh yah I don't live in the USA where everybody is lawyered up and looking for an easy pay day.

Would I build this for someone else or for money? No as I don't want someone using the lift above capacity or incorrectly and getting injured.

I can build whatever I want at home and utilize it as I see fit and nobody can tell me otherwise including you!

Thanks 4 nothing

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    FYI - Most winches are not designed for a vertical pull/load holding. I Definately would not go that route....

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    JT is correct.

Leave a comment:

• JTMcC
    replied
    Anytime a post starts with:

"I'd like to build a XXXX".

And ends with:

"What style/type and thickness of steel".

You know this, the poster has no buisness building "XXXX". Either get someone else to do the job, or educate yourself to the point that you don't have to ask kindergarden level questions. That way nobody will likely get hurt. At your present level of understanding you are a disaster just a waiting to happen.

Or buy a used scissor lift.

Either way you need to gain a significant amount of knowledge before embarking, and asking what type of material isn't educating yourself. Price check liability insurance for the work you're contemplating and you'll have maybe an idea what might be involved.

JT

Leave a comment:

• ericher69
    started a topic garage Elevator Man lift project

I would like to build a man lift/elevator with a 1000lbs capacity.

I have been looking for a used palette lift but haven't seen one locally for over a year. Shipping is cost prohibitive.

The attic opening is 4x6' and the total lift height needs to be 9'

The platform should also fold to save space when not in use.

I was thinking of hydraulic or worm gear type or even a winch with pulleys.

Open to suggestions!

What size/type and thickness of steel should I use?

Thanks

Eric
Working...
X