Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable Welder
    replied
    I'm a Rigid hitch dealer, Call them to find out where their closest dealer is.

When building a motorcycle trailer ( There will never be enouph tie downs )

If your going to build a fold down ramp dont forget to factor the ramp in on the tongue weight and make sure 10%- 15% of the trailer gross weight is on the tongue with the bikes on it.

So lets say the trailer weighs 900 lbs. and each bike weighs 800 lbs. on a single axle trailer that is 3300lbs total.

If your tonge weight is 330 lbs it will tow like a dream.

Leave a comment:

• kvwall
    replied
    Originally posted by kevin View Post
    yea, i gotta bone up on where to buy all this stuff, i know tractor supply sells axles, ect. but i know that there are companies who specialize in selling trailer parts, any clue where to start, i can google it, but i like to get info from people who have hands on experience. thanks
    No clue. I have a trailer mfg and supply place in town so I haven't researched it yet. I'm still in the stage of finding a trailer I really like and talking to the owner about it.

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    replied
    yea, i gotta bone up on where to buy all this stuff, i know tractor supply sells axles, ect. but i know that there are companies who specialize in selling trailer parts, any clue where to start, i can google it, but i like to get info from people who have hands on experience. thanks

Leave a comment:

• kvwall
    replied
    I'm also curious. I'd like to build a trailer to put my TB302 on. Even though I don't need dual axles, I want them for a better ride. I also want shocks on it to smooth it out even further.

Leave a comment:

• kevin
    started a topic Building a motorcycle trailer

Building a motorcycle trailer

I will be building a trailer to haul my 3 hogs on, i have many ideas on how to plan this thing out, any one know of where to find plans, i never use plans on stuff like this but with tounge weight, ect, plans could come in handy, also any one have any tips on how they would tackle this. I have built a few trailers in the past, with good succes, i am curious as to what you guys have to say. Thanks kevin
Working...
X