Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ja baudin
    replied
    Thanks for your ideas, they are respected. I do need all 4 sides and this design still will suite me best. Still leaning toward alum. In this situation, what thickness plate would you use?

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Aluminum outside will get nasty also. Will you need to have access all 4 sides of the table? If not, and you have wall space, attatch it to the wall with hinges. Flip up when you need it and down when you don't. I would still go with steel because it's cheaper, and you tack jigs etc to the table if need be. Even if the steel was outside, coat it and cover it and its will be fine. I wouldn't my welding table outside. It's unsitely and a piece of aluminum that big is inviting theft.

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    replied
    Thanks for the reply Monte, the table will spend the majority of its time outside and will be moved into the shop when I need to work on a project. I don't have alot of shop room to keep it inside. Therefore, weight is an issue along with corrosion. Aluminum would be better than steel for my ap. I mig and tig both alum and steel, mostly small projects, ie under 100 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Why aluminum? That will be expensive. What type of welding will you be doing and on what?

Leave a comment:

• ja baudin
    started a topic Welding table thickness

Welding table thickness

Hey guys, I want to fab a welding table out of aluminum. The top will be 4'x4'. In your opinion, what would be a good thickness. I was thinking between 1/4 and 3/8ths. I don't want it to bend or flex. Thanks for any input, Ja.
Working...
X