Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard
    replied
    Thanks for the info guys . looks like I will have to stop by the harbor freight store

you can wast alot of time in their

Thanks again

...... Richard

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Originally posted by triggerman View Post
    Double lining the winch doesn't double the capacity, it cuts the workload on the motor in half. The line will only hold so much, the mount and hook likewise.

HTH
    As compared to single line pull, yes it does. I was not talking about the cable, the mount, snatchblock etc. I doubt his 2000# winch could even get close. That's probably for a rolling load and just about anyone stating pulling specs for a winch is talking
    first layer on the spool..........it goes downhill fast after that. Also you better have a good voltage supply, cables, connectors.

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Originally posted by monte55 View Post
    Suggestion...........use it doubleline. It will slow the travel speed, double the lift capacity, and most importantly, it will hold more weight without the winch
    unwinding as they will under a heavy load.
    Double lining the winch doesn't double the capacity, it cuts the workload on the motor in half. The line will only hold so much, the mount and hook likewise.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Bender

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    where did you buy that binder
    I got it at Harbor Freight. They are on sale right now for $49. They are the brand known as Chow Ping or Zing Zang or some other chinese word.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• swyman
    replied
    I got a grizzly bender similar to yours for X-mas this year! As far as fastening it down, I recommend using hilti or red head floor anchors. They work very well!

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Harbor Freight on sale $50

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    Hey Tiggerman,

where did you buy that binder, and what kind is it.
    I am thinking of getting one for myself & I would like to know about yours so I could buy one and then build a stand for it.

Thanks

................ Richard

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    Suggestion...........use it doubleline. It will slow the travel speed, double the lift capacity, and most importantly, it will hold more weight without the winch
    unwinding as they will under a heavy load.

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied
    You're absolutely right, in no way will I be using this for anything heavy and whatever I will be lifting, I won't be laying under it that's for sure.

Thanks for the advice

Leave a comment:

• monte55
    replied
    That is a winch and not a hoist.....................be careful when it is carrying
    weight............it was not designed to.

Leave a comment:

• jcb
    replied
    Not much of a welding project but a project just the same.

I was having difficulties getting some of the heavier pieces of scrap metal out of the bin at the scrap yard. The bin was made up from an old tanker trailer cut in half. I struggled for about an hour the last time trying to get a piece out of there that I was interested in that weighed 150 lbs.

I had a cheap winch at home that i decided to fasten to my trailer hitch in case I ever needed a little help over at the scrap yard again. I rigged up the power to the trailer plug-in. I then decided latter on to see if i could fasten my contraption to my shop ceiling to use it there when not in use on the pick up. This is what I came up with.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    woooo, hoooo, wheres my cookie.
    nice setup.

Leave a comment:

• triggerman
    replied
    Give that man a cigar!

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    me thinks the 2nd one is a spectrun 375 extream maybe....just a guess though.
    You are correct, James. One is a Maxstar 150STL and the other is a Spec 375-Xtreme.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    me thinks the 2nd one is a spectrun 375 extream maybe....just a guess though.

Leave a comment:

• 2tay530
    replied
    Well how many Tigrs' you got thought i saw two in the back ground, or maybe all those flashes are makeing me see double!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X