X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SavageSunJeep
    • Dec 2007

Welding cart

Well stage I is complete and now I am getting ready to add electrical, redo the top and add cable hooks when I sort out my working approach angle.

The angle hold my MM180 and the flat holds my Hypertherm Powermax30. The rear holds 2 C25 bottles.
    Attached Files
    Don
    Scottsdale, AZ
    www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
    Hypertherm PowerMax30
    Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
    Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
    Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
    10 Angle Grinders 8, 4 1/2" -2, 7"
    DeWalt Chop Saw
    Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
    12 Ton Shop Press
    Optrel Satellite Helmet
    Miller Elite Helmet
    sigpic
  • fun4now
    • Aug 2006

looks good.
    be careful it dose not end up top heavy, the wheels look kinda close together for so tall. looking forward to seeing it all loaded up when its done.
    thanks for the help
    ......or..........
    hope i helped
    sigpic
    feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
    summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
    JAMES

Comment

• SavageSunJeep
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by fun4now View Post
      looks good.
      be careful it dose not end up top heavy, the wheels look kinda close together for so tall. looking forward to seeing it all loaded up when its done.
      Yes you are right on that and that is the result of 2 things: Shortage of shop space and since I cannot weld in the shop I have to take it outside and I wanted some tires that would not sink into the gravel.

I think I am going to extend the tires to the outside and lower the cart.

Gawd, I love plasma cutters and a welder a guy can do anything and fix his mistakes too....
      Don
      Scottsdale, AZ
      www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
      Hypertherm PowerMax30
      Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
      Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
      Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
      DeWalt Chop Saw
      Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
      12 Ton Shop Press
      Optrel Satellite Helmet
      Miller Elite Helmet
      sigpic

Comment

• tnjind
        • Oct 2007

Cart looks good, I also would put the tires outboard, especially if taking it outside.

What kind of floor is in the shop, looks like diamond plate tile?

Comment

• SavageSunJeep
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by tnjind View Post
          Cart looks good, I also would put the tires outboard, especially if taking it outside.

What kind of floor is in the shop, looks like diamond plate tile?
          LOL, its the reason why I cannot weld inside...its diamond plate plastic. You can see the install and conversion of garage to shop garage here:

savagesun4x4.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, savagesun4x4.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
          Don
          Scottsdale, AZ
          www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
          Hypertherm PowerMax30
          Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
          Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
          Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
          DeWalt Chop Saw
          Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
          12 Ton Shop Press
          Optrel Satellite Helmet
          Miller Elite Helmet
          sigpic

Comment

• EdZep
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by SavageSunJeep View Post
            LOL, its the reason why I cannot weld inside...its diamond plate plastic.
            I had the same problem, having put down PVC tile in my shop/garage prior to getting the welder. I have purchased 2 sheets of 5x10 ft 11 ga. sheet, to cover a 10x10 ft area, and it has worked out well. Tread plate may have been better, but was more expensive. I actually like the ease of rolling my welding table or cart on it. It only gets a bit slippery if I let too much abrasive dust accumulate on it. Sheets were $140 each, if memory serves. Yeah, not exactly the way I had wanted to spend that money, but, I had no intention of welding outside, for the long run.

I like the layout of your cart, other than previously discussed wheel position.

Last edited by EdZep; 02-17-2008, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• fun4now
              • Aug 2006

when i first started out with my MM135 and O/A i had an outside cart for them. but as i added plasma then TIG (TA-185) it all became to much for the cart. i started with a pre-made garden cart. made a space to attach my O/A cart on the back and a tank of C-25 on front for the MM135. kept the wait low as possible. with the extra stuff it became to top heavy so its been retired and my new single carts are all capable of yard use. all you need is good back tires and lift the front wile moving.
              like ya said the best part of these toy's is they let ya remake at a whim for fun or per-pus.
              Attached Files
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

• Camaro Zach
                • Dec 2005

Looks good I like that it has a top on it. All my welding machines are scratched ontop because they are used as a tool bench. Do you have any pics with the welder in it? i'd like to see it completely done and in use!
                AIM: Zachary188

Comment

• SavageSunJeep
                  • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Camaro Zach View Post
                  Looks good I like that it has a top on it. All my welding machines are scratched ontop because they are used as a tool bench. Do you have any pics with the welder in it? i'd like to see it completely done and in use!
                  Here is Stage II and I am locked and loaded.

Today is a "run" day to the steel shop and over to the welding supply to pickup a welding blanket so I can do some light welding in the shop. And to try and find some different wheels. I have no grass at all, I live in the desert and my yard is 6 in deep gravel about walnut sized. I often need to drag my cart out to the yard to get at something on the Jeeps I work on.

Yes the cart is a little tippy and not suitable for yard use. I am trying to find wide but short tires.

Here are some pics after I loaded the cart and added hangers for tools.

You can see in the pics a stand that holds my bench grinder, drill press and chop saw at one time. Yes I am really constrained for space here. I do NOT know what is wrong with these folks out here in Arizona in this desert where we have an average of 322 sun days a year and last year had over 90 days of temps over 100 and over 30 days of temps over 110. You would think that a 3 car garage would be a normal thing...NOPE! In fact there are houses here over $1 Million with 2 car garages. In Texas we do it a bit different, 3 car garage is the norm.

A car parked in the sun out here will hit an interior temp of between 160 and 190 depending on color of car, tint of windows etc. Kids and dogs die constantly from folks leaving them in the care for "just a few minutes".
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by SavageSunJeep; 02-18-2008, 09:51 AM.
                  Don
                  Scottsdale, AZ
                  www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
                  Hypertherm PowerMax30
                  Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
                  Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
                  Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
                  DeWalt Chop Saw
                  Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
                  12 Ton Shop Press
                  Optrel Satellite Helmet
                  Miller Elite Helmet
                  sigpic

Comment

• Craig in Denver
                    • Jan 2008

Smaller Pictures

Nice work, but please make your pictures smaller. I don't mind the download time, but they don't fit on my screen. I think fun4now knows how.
                    RETIRED desk jockey.

Hobby weldor with a little training.

Craftsman O/A---Flat, Vert, Ovhd, Horz.

Miller Syncrowave 250.
                    sigpic

Comment

• SavageSunJeep
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Craig in Denver View Post
                      Nice work, but please make your pictures smaller. I don't mind the download time, but they don't fit on my screen. I think fun4now knows how.
                      I think they are 8x10, but I will check to see if I can change that in my camera.
                      Don
                      Scottsdale, AZ
                      www.savagesun4x4.com

MillerMatic 211 AS
                      Hypertherm PowerMax30
                      Bernard 300 Amp Q Gun
                      Bernard 200 Amp Q Gun
                      Milwaukee Band-saw/stand
                      DeWalt Chop Saw
                      Craftsman Twin-Blade Saw
                      12 Ton Shop Press
                      Optrel Satellite Helmet
                      Miller Elite Helmet
                      sigpic

Comment

• fun4now
                        • Aug 2006

cool. and not as top heavy as i thought it was going to be, nice plan.i like the table top work space, keeping it clear and clean..........thats a hole nother story.

here is a few smaller version for the other dial up guys.
                        Attached Files
                        thanks for the help
                        ......or..........
                        hope i helped
                        sigpic
                        JAMES

Comment

Working...
                        X