X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smooth72
    • Sep 2006

Fireplace screen.

Here is a project I am working on for my parents. Doors done, frame close. I Have not been on here for a while, so now that it is change I don't know how to post pics that show up. The http code is not on for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	fp2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	327.4 KB
ID:	530470Click image for larger version

Name:	fireplacescreen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	530471
    Last edited by smooth72; 12-21-2011, 08:14 AM.
  • pro70z28
    • Dec 2006

WOW, looks like some hours involved there. That looks cool.

Comment

• jalopy12
      • Jun 2012

Hours Involved

Originally posted by pro70z28 View Post
      WOW, looks like some hours involved there. That looks cool.

Wow, that is some huge time to put in on a fireplace screen. One question, because it is kind of hard to see in this picture but did you use plain steel mesh? Is that what that dark color is in there?

http://www.bwire.com/ Something like these guys show on their site? Or did you go with stainless mesh and just paint it to the black color that is shown? Also, what size openings on the wire mesh did you use? Thanks and congratulations, job well done.

Comment

• smooth72
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by jalopy12 View Post
        Wow, that is some huge time to put in on a fireplace screen. One question, because it is kind of hard to see in this picture but did you use plain steel mesh? Is that what that dark color is in there?

http://www.bwire.com/ Something like these guys show on their site? Or did you go with stainless mesh and just paint it to the black color that is shown? Also, what size openings on the wire mesh did you use? Thanks and congratulations, job well done.
        The screen I got from kingmetals.com. Itis already black, they call it there fireplace screen, so I went with it. They also sale the u channel that you use to mount the screen in. I Welded through one side of the channel into the screen and gradually worked to the other side pulling it tight as I went. The opening size I do not remember just made it as big as possable to view the fire. The metal that slides in the back really seals it off.

Comment

• jalopy12
          • Jun 2012

Fireplace Screen

Side Note:

I Called that Belleville Wire Cloth bwire place and they told me that most fireplace screen is 14 Mesh - just for anyone who is out there looking for this screen int he standard size. 14 wires per inch.

Comment

• strube1369
            • Nov 2008

Very cool!
            Professional firefighter (retired). Amateur everything else I try to do...
            Oh yeah: GO BIG RED!

Comment

Working...
            X