Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tnjind
    replied
    Sorry, I aked on the wrong one. Answer is still the same GTAW then GMAW.

Leave a comment:

• welder_guy
    replied
    i wasnt the one who made the seccond post

Leave a comment:

• tnjind
    replied
    Why the double posts? Seems like the same question, anyway like GTaw but use more GMAW.

Leave a comment:

• weweld
    replied
    Even though all my certs are in SMAW, I use FCAW/MIG on most my projects. Loved to do more stick however.

Leave a comment:

• shorerider16
    replied
    I went with Tig, but SMAW would be a close second.

Leave a comment:

• TIGweldr
    replied
    TIG, cause I can..

Leave a comment:

• dksmith1747
    replied
    add another to o/a

O/A is all I have right now! Miller MIG on order.
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Originally posted by uhohjim View Post
    I love that tig welding and mig is awesome......but something about learning with a O/A torch and some coat hangers at the age of 14 brings a smile to my face
    Jim

The o/a and coat hangers is my roots too baby!! (at 13) Learned in a junkyard auto repair at that!!

Leave a comment:

• uhohjim
    replied
    Can you say coat hanger

I love that tig welding and mig is awesome......but something about learning with a O/A torch and some coat hangers at the age of 14 brings a smile to my face
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• stronics
    replied
    I think welding is all of them. I wouldn't want to do without any. Oxy-Act is a favorite and used often, love the process.
    But favorite to run? I'd have to say "MIG".
    I went most of my life without one because I couldn't see a need for it. I could weld most anything with stick or gas. I'm sorry for that. I had to do a bunch of sheet metal (and wanting to try it) so bought a HH187, one of the finest running machine ever. Every time I use it I am amazed, boy could I have used that over the years.
    I then added a like new MM200. Wow. Neat stuff.
    David

Leave a comment:

• phaxtris
    replied
    i like stick the best

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    what he said. anything that melts steel is fun.
    TIG is my fav though.

Leave a comment:

• dabar39
    replied
    Where is the "all of the above button"? Dave

Leave a comment:

• bryce_burden
    replied
    Never learned TIG. Can do MIG but not that enjoyable for me. Been around stick all my life so that's what I enjoy. Build most of my stuff out of oilfield scrap, which can be pretty rusty and the MIG don't like it none to well, so my little Thunderbolt is the most practical for me.

Leave a comment:

• HMW
    replied
    I really like MIG but TIG I get the most enjoyment out of. Sometimes I could MIG something and I TIG it just because I like it. Never use stick anymore, probably been 4-5 yrs since I last used it. I have to start the Bobcat everynow and then just to let it run I dont do any work outside the shop so MIG or TIG pretty much covers it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X