X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garth
    started a topic mm 251

mm 251

looking at the mm251 any input thanks garth.

• MAC702
    replied
    Sounds good to me. I always wanted to do it while the TB was trailered. Now, I'm looking into getting/making a full-blown welding body on the back and might kick the idea around some more afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    The one they were trying to sell me was a straight, bullet type. No twists and turns inside that I know of. It wasn't an issue to them as they had done quite a few like that. They also suggested to make it removeable. Weld a 90° pipe fitting to the factory muffler and set up a carrier to cradle the aux muffler. That way it would be used only when needed and could be removed esaily. I guess in the long run, it would put less strain on it that way too.

The design suggested was this...90° off the muffler on the machine....aux muffler pointing to machine front....and another 90° fitting to direct the flow away from your face when at the machine front. They said that was the preferred setup at the time for the Bobus 225G. They were both Miller and Onan certified, so I suppose, knowing them like I did and do, they weren't steering me wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by DDA52
    One 90° turn will reduce exh efficiency by 10%. I was told not to go above 30% and all would be well. I would assume the new engines would be around the same tolerance?
    Yeah, but what about the auxiliary muffler design itself?

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    George, we have new types like that here. They move in from all these big cities and gripe about how bad it is...then they turn around and petition for new ordinances or sue everyone in sight and end up making it just as bad as where they left. I am just now considered a local here. It takes about 13-14 years before the real locals will accept you. Some of the trouble makers will never be accepted.

Mac, when I was working in No. Va., there were subdivisions that required a "residential critical" muffler on all powered equipment. When I was looking at getting one...from B&R no less...they warned me about making too many bends. One 90° turn will reduce exh efficiency by 10%. I was told not to go above 30% and all would be well. I would assume the new engines would be around the same tolerance?

Leave a comment:

• Sundown
    replied
    Things get otta control sometimes with people like that, esp. when they have been told to mind their own beeswax (I like that word, beeswax) . The guy across from me has more than a few kids that drive, so he has to park his work truck on the other side of his driveway. A new older lady moved in next door to him a few months ago from upstate NY, she keeps calling the cops that a unoperable truck is parked in front of her house. The cops kept coming and red tagging it even though it moves every day. A few days ago the desk sergent came and told her that the steet in from of her house was public and if she didn't stop, he would take her in for false statements. She is taking pictures every day of the cars and is getting a lawyer while building a case . People like that scare me, you never know how far they will carry things ... watch your back ... and on a lighter note, enjoy the new toy.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by garth
    also getting a silencer for the trailblazer this month. the kind that is on those big genoraters that the hospitals have you can barley hear them at 30 ft.
    Hey, keep us posted on that. I've been wanting to experiment but have been too busy. If you find something that works well and doesn't interfere with any backpressure requirements of the engine, I want to hear about it.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    one better than skunk

I am not nice my wife says yesterday I took the muffler off the trailblazer and the service truck and the compressor and let them run while I was working for about 2 hours all pointed to his house while he was out side at the BBQ cops came and told him Quote. Now thats noise and its with in the time of the noise ordance. and told him to have a nice day. bet they will be glad when the 251 gets here. should be the next day or so. also getting a silencer for the trailblazer this month. the kind that is on those big genoraters that the hospitals have you can barley hear them at 30 ft.

Leave a comment:

• fyoung
    replied
    ?

Originally posted by Trap Doctor
    I love mine!!!! Get the spool gun too, welding aluminum is easy and fun. I do alot of welding on Winchester traps (cast ) .

I took the chart and put it into excel. Got tired of lifting the hood.
    if you want a copy I will post it again on this board.

jim
    Jim , Do you know if the settings for your 251 and the 250x are the same? if they are I'd like a copy of the chart. Thanks, Farris
    PS. Great idea!

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Originally posted by garth
    any thing from sheet metat to fab for eqiupment the biggest reason for this purchase is I have one of those (nieghbors ) he sceams every time the trailblazer gets fired up had the cops here 4 times in 6 days in the afternoon well before the noise ordenance time.

Dontcha just love people like that? Your TB is probably less noisy than some of the lawnmowers around and I bet he doesn't complain about them. Sounds like you can already get him for harassment. He is probably the most miserable one in the area and is bent on making everyone else just as miserable.

See if you can rent a trained skunk to pay him a visit.

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    trap doctor yea i weld a lot of aluminum to the spool gun that goes to my trailblazer will fit right on the 251 got that covered.

Leave a comment:

• Trap Doctor
    replied
    251mm

I love mine!!!! Get the spool gun too, welding aluminum is easy and fun. I do alot of welding on Winchester traps (cast ) .

I took the chart and put it into excel. Got tired of lifting the hood.
    if you want a copy I will post it again on this board.

jim

Leave a comment:

• Bulldog
    replied
    I've run a few rolls of wire on my MM251 and no troubles.
    Bulldog

Leave a comment:

• garth
    replied
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO way. the last time the cops came by for mr. to noisy I offered to dig a hole in the back yard they wernt amused at all. so sooner or later we will sell this place and get acrage. and put my shop right in the middle of it.

Leave a comment:

• Glenn B
    replied
    Thats one neighbor who wont get anything fixed, Not by you I Hope...
    You cant go wrong with a MM251

Leave a comment:

Working...
X