X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigiron
    • Jan 2009

I never knew how much work it was...

...to fabricate a bed for your rig to be set up on. I did not create a full blown masterpiece decked out with all the bells and whistles, but then again I did not have a huge truck to work with either. LOL!! Very simple lines, and very simple lay out. Putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow, and hope to have it remounted on the truck as well. Pics will be taken and hopefully posted soon. All in all it has been a very fun project, and got to spend plenty of time with the paw in law. He was an excellent person to have around. Filled with years of knowledge, and kept me on track about how the lay out should work. Both my index fingers hurt from spraying paint on the finished areas over the last two days. Oh the joys of .98 cent Wal-Mart gloss black. Keep checking back for update with pics if you'd like to check it out.
    Bobcat 225
    Radnor o/a
    An assortment of
    other tools and toys.

The one DANO!
  • Boomer8404
    • Feb 2011

Yup those big projects can get like that. I would like to see some pics. Glad to hear it turned out good.
    Lone MIG Slinger!

Comment

• Donald Branscom
      • Jan 2011

Where are the photos???

Comment

• Bigiron
        • Jan 2009

Pics are coming...

Originally posted by Donald Branscom View Post
        Where are the photos???
        Pics will be up late today or this evening. Keep watching for them. The joys of not having a good digital camera and resorting to cell phone pics or disposable cams developed on disc.
        Bobcat 225
        Radnor o/a
        An assortment of
        other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

Comment

• Bigiron
          • Jan 2009

The pics are up now.

Check 'em out.
          Attached Files
          Bobcat 225
          Radnor o/a
          An assortment of
          other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

Comment

• mikecwik
            • Nov 2009

looks good. i think i would have sprung for some proper paint though.

Comment

• Sberry
              • Sep 2005

I am building a trailer, it looked like I might get done yesterday, with some luck maybe mostly today, probably Monday,, haha. The details and small design changes really slow things up at times. Looks like one is almost at the end of the road then it gets longer.
              Project like a wood stove is like that, main pieces go fast and look good then,,, whole day fitting a door, etc

Comment

• Bigiron
                • Jan 2009

Paint...

Originally posted by mikecwik View Post
                looks good. i think i would have sprung for some proper paint though.
                Thanks. I did not see the sense in blowing a lot of money in paint since the back will be worked off of. It's just as easy to touch up with cheap paint when something gets burnt or ground off it. I think I've only got fifteen dollars in it as far as paint goes. The whole build material-wise cost right around six hundred dollars. Give or take a few dollars.
                Bobcat 225
                Radnor o/a
                An assortment of
                other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

Comment

• Bigiron
                  • Jan 2009

Fitting...

Originally posted by Sberry View Post
                  I am building a trailer, it looked like I might get done yesterday, with some luck maybe mostly today, probably Monday,, haha. The details and small design changes really slow things up at times. Looks like one is almost at the end of the road then it gets longer.
                  Project like a wood stove is like that, main pieces go fast and look good then,,, whole day fitting a door, etc
                  Really the fitting was not the hard part. It was trying to plan out where the bottles would go that was the worst. Guys with one ton trucks have plenty of room to plan out their setup. It was a little more fickle dealing with a toyota pickup. LOL!
                  Bobcat 225
                  Radnor o/a
                  An assortment of
                  other tools and toys.

The one DANO!

Comment

Working...
                  X