Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    , I was cipping slag with my glasses on and it hit me in the corner of my eye. It stuck in too... The more I tried to dig it out, the further it went in. I went home on that note.... I chip with the hood on now.
    perhaps ya need to rethink your site name.................... .maybe not come to think of it how's the eye now ??

Leave a comment:

• Lucky
    replied
    LOL, I was cipping slag with my glasses on and it hit me in the corner of my eye. It stuck in too... The more I tried to dig it out, the further it went in. I went home on that note.... I chip with the hood on now.

Leave a comment:

• DDA52
    replied
    Been burned like that a million times. Worst...no dumbest one was when I was welding sheetmetal studs on the side of a building and my leg started itching something fierce. I was certain something was boring in and laying eggs. So, after finishing my bead, I reached down with the stinger and scratched my leg with the still glowing rod end!!! Never did that again.

I also chipped some fresh 7018 slag at eye level without glasses. Slag hit me in the corner of the eye and burned itslef into the corner of my eyeball and ele lid. Piece of slag was the size of a dime. Took out my tear duct and everything. Most of it grew back and healed up fine. Never did that again either.

Just remember....that what doesn't kill you will make you stronger...or at least smart enough not to do it again.

Leave a comment:

• Richard
    replied
    was welding 1/8" 7018 in overhead position with leathers on, flipped up hood and proceeded to chip of flux, . dang hot flux landed on my neck at top of leathers .... ouch.

Leave a comment:

• FUZZYWUZZY
    replied
    Ok,,,,I hate a messy shop,,,,,This just happened today as well,,,was a bad day,,,,,,,,, Ever tripped over a big ball of wire where someone did a spool change. Cant win for losin,,,,,,,,,,is it 5:30 yet

Leave a comment:

• 84ZMike
    replied
    I was doing some piddling the other day at home with my Maxstar had just finished a short bead with some 3/32 7018 had the work clamp in one hand and layed the electrode end up on my vise the hot end of the rod swung down and got my wrist and the work clamp at the same time ... I feel your pain.....I have never gotten the hot wire treatment, but have run cold wire into my finger tips many times....

Leave a comment:

• FUZZYWUZZY
    replied
    Only thing that might be worse is slag in the eye

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    OUCH. Been there done that. I was tig welding some SS tubing high up in the air and lunch came. I threw the torch over the rail and it swung down and the hot tungsten stuck right in my leg. Yahoo did it burn, right now too...Bob

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    I bet you said in a real calm voice, oh darn

Never did that but I was sitting at my table, chipping slag and a piece fell in my lap, didn't know it until something felt awfully hot.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X