Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1havnfun
    replied
    I design my own trailers based on the requirement of the customer.

weighs in at 3200 lbs.

I had stated earlier in the post that it was about 2100 lbs. I didn't include the tires and axles.

I had it on a truck scale so it could be registered in CO and it weighs 3200#

Leave a comment:

• jimrim
    replied
    nice trailer

great job on the trailer! could you tell me were you got the design, and how much it weighs?

Leave a comment:

• 1havnfun
    replied
    I started behind my shop. I didn't have enough room inside so the parking lot became the build location.

Leave a comment:

• pirana
    replied
    Nice trailer, my little 5 x 10 that i'm building pales in comparison. Did you start the build in an apartment complex parking lot?

Leave a comment:

• Cory151
    replied
    Amazing work.

Leave a comment:

• garage built
    replied
    Trailer

Wow Wish I had that for land scaping block would work awesome Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 1havnfun
    replied
    I used my TB302 and the 12vs suitcase

Leave a comment:

• welder57
    replied
    i was doing alright until i had to turn my head sideways to view that 1 pic-no, just kidding. nice job. all with a miller suitcase mig welder?-the 8 model or 12!

Leave a comment:

• 1havnfun
    replied
    Ya, there are roads like that in every state, however the main freeways and highways are 102".
    If there is a job that needs to be done on the restricted roads and you need to be on that road more than once, get a temp permit. Those are not so bad

Leave a comment:

• jbmprods
    replied
    a lot of secondary roads here in Ca are 96" max.

Leave a comment:

• 1havnfun
    replied
    I've been told I need to make and sell these things.
    I have been building custom BBQ trailers for about 6 years now. As soon as the aerospace part of my business is running at full tilt, after my recent move, I was going to build a few spec trailers to see how they sell.

Max USDOT is 102". I don't know about specific state regs. I will have to check to see though, I wouldn't want to market something that needs a permit unless it's what a customer orders.

Leave a comment:

• gwiley
    replied
    I thought that the max width on a trailer (at least here in Va) was 96". At 101" wide do you have to get a special license or something?

Leave a comment:

• jbmprods
    replied
    very nice indeed. when are you going to start manufacturing them for sale?

Leave a comment:

• 1havnfun
    replied
    Build Time

Well it took 52 hours to build, I didn't have a helper on this.
    Deck is 20' x 101.5" Wide
    Main under frame is 10" Channel
    cross bars are 4" channel on 16" centers
    Outside edges are 6" channel
    Stake pockets I formed from 3/16" x 4" HRS
    Bump rail is 3/8" x 3" HRS
    Tongue is 3" x 4" x 1/4"wall Tube two pieces stacked to 8 x 3 and is 10' long
    with 8" channel at 50deg combined. With a 8" channel inside of main frame to support.
    Deck is simple 2 x 12 fir bolted, that took 8 hours right there.

OAL is 24'. I have adjustable coupler of either a 2-5/16Ball or lunet ring.
    Total unlaiden weight is 2100 lbs.

Leave a comment:

• jbmprods
    replied
    darn nice looking. how long did the build take? how long is the deck and overall?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X