Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat_Billings
    replied
    A rod holder. It was my first welding project after learning the basics.

Basically, it's a box, with 4 slots that hold rod on an angle, and a larger box where the stubs end up!

Leave a comment:

• Broccoli1
    replied
    Originally posted by calweld View Post
    Look at the top of your screen .... point to "Industries and Interests", find "Welding Projects" and click. Several things with instructions and plans at the top; then off to the right on that page is a link to many pages of ideas and concepts (no plans on these, you take an idea and do your own engineering and designing).
    Or click on the Green "Welding Projects" Pop-Up Window- top right of this thread

Leave a comment:

• tnjind
    replied
    Are you asking from a teacher perspective or a student perspective?

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    log holder for by the fire place with some tools would be good . are you looking for several projects to do in the next 18 weeks or one big one to cover the hole time??
    depending on the suplies available a fule tank for the back of a truck is a good chance to put in some long TIG beads..
    Yeah true or/ they could build a little 4-wheeler trailer/cart

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    log holder for by the fire place with some tools would be good . are you looking for several projects to do in the next 18 weeks or one big one to cover the hole time??
    depending on the suplies available a fule tank for the back of a truck is a good chance to put in some long TIG beads..

Leave a comment:

• Jolly Roger
    replied
    I built a feeder out of sucker rod, angle iron and a 55 gallon drum my junior year in HS for vo-ag. Big strike going on with the rod manufacturers so I was stuck welding with what I could get. I can't recall what it was now (been 30 years) but it was supposed to be the same as 6011 only it had a black flux. The angle was galvanized and the flux smelled like burning hair. I wasn't real popular for a while.

Leave a comment:

• wireburner
    replied
    fire racks,. gate latches

Leave a comment:

• FarmBoy
    replied
    log rack wouldnt take long to make

Leave a comment:

• liddlebuddy
    replied
    I have most of a semester - 18 weeks or so.

Leave a comment:

• calweld
    replied
    Look at the top of your screen .... point to "Industries and Interests", find "Welding Projects" and click. Several things with instructions and plans at the top; then off to the right on that page is a link to many pages of ideas and concepts (no plans on these, you take an idea and do your own engineering and designing).

Leave a comment:

• FarmBoy
    replied
    im a junior in highschool and i just got done with my 6 shank disk chisel in shop class.
    tool boxes would be a good project.
    i made one earlyer in the year.
    how much time do you have to make your project??

Leave a comment:

• hogan
    replied
    making your own tools can be educational and entertaining

Leave a comment:

• tasslehawf
    replied
    Furniture using tractor seats. I make most of my own furniture out of sq tubing which works good. Or even other farm "found" opjects too.

Leave a comment:

• fabricator
    replied
    perhaps a small gate using items found around a farm,to add character to it.such as horse shoes,branding irons crossed over at a x shape, a tree using various size round bar bent to mimic branches .you get the point.

Leave a comment:

• liddlebuddy
    started a topic Small-ish Projects for High Schoolers

Small-ish Projects for High Schoolers

Hi all-

I'm searching for small-ish welding or metalworking projects for high school juniors and seniors. It would be great if the projects had an agricultural "feel" to them. Thanks in advance!

Abby
Working...
X