• Show
Clear All

• SLO Iron Man
    replied
    Chinese are copying from us

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    sorry villemur, i got no plans. i went the easy way and got a pre-essembled (the TA-185) a little more $$ but i also got a few extra options like HF start.

Leave a comment:

• villemur
    replied
    SLO, thanks for posting the picture of your welder. It's great to have you here on this board.

Fun4now, do you have do-it-yourself plans for that homemade welder that you posted, it looks like a winner! We could modify it for a scratch-start tig torch and sell the plans on Ebay. Actually, I definitely admire the ingenuity of that rig...

Leave a comment:

• FusionKing
    replied
    Interesting how those welders look identical to several Chinese welders I've looked at....esp. that ac/dc 200 tig

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    Originally posted by SLO Iron Man View Post
    Thanks again for all of your answers !

<snip>

Synchroman, do you remember in which restaurant did you eat ? Yeah it is very beautiful and Marshall Tito is a LEGEND

<snip>
    No, sorry....it was a long time ago. I sure liked the local beer and sausage, though. Ha.

Leave a comment:

• SLO Iron Man
    replied
    Funny pictures
    high-tech stick welder

Leave a comment:

• SLO Iron Man
    replied
    Thanks again for all of your answers !

I didn't know that you can weld such a thick material with Dynasty 200 DX. So i think i'll buy oneand otherwise, you can also weld very thin material and all sorts of metal and non-metal.

Synchroman, do you remember in which restaurant did you eat ? Yeah it is very beautiful and Marshall Tito is a LEGEND

Villemur, here is a picture of Iskravar 210 L mig welder. You can also go on official internet page of Iskravar - www.iskra-varjenje.si
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    and to think i waisted $1750.oo on a new TA-185 when i could have gotten one of them imports for a lot less. they look like they last a wile if ya keep the cardboard dry.

Leave a comment:

• tnjind
    replied
    Hey fun4now,
    I think I worked in that shop. Ha Ha.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    villemur
    I am always interested to see what people are using in other parts of the world.

LOL i had to do it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    cool pic's smoked glass is so cool .
    i resized for the dial up guys.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Synchroman
    replied
    Originally posted by SLO Iron Man View Post
    Could somebody please tell me what is the max thicknes for aluminium, stainless steel and steel that you can weld it with Dynasty 200 DX ?
    You could easily do 1/4" or even more with preheat and multiple passes. The 200 DX is a very nice machine and very flexible.

By the way, I was visiting your hometown back in 1974. My brother-in-law lives in Klagenfurt, Austria, near the border. We went to your town for lunch. It was before all of the trouble. Marshall Tito was still in power.

Your country is very beautiful!

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• villemur
    replied
    I use my my Dynasty for small side-job welding projects that people bring me, as well as for projects around the house. I've used it for steel, stainless, and aluminum. I have a couple of air-cooled torches for it: a 200 amp torch, and a nice, small 125 amp #9 torch. I usually use a foot pedal with it, but I just ordered a used finger control that should be here soon. I just tried it recently for stick welding, and it worked real nice. I have an old Hobart AC stick welder that I usually use, but the Dynasty worked even better.

SLO Iron Man, please post some pictures of your Iskravar 210 L mig if you get a chance. I am always interested to see what people are using in other parts of the world.

Thanks!
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• El Guanche
    replied
    I own one and I have welded up to 1/4 inch plate to a solid 1-1/2" winch mount on a sailboat mast at 200 amps 250 hz and did the job pre heating with the tig torch.
    Last edited by El Guanche; 01-03-2008, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SLO Iron Man
    replied
    Thanks again for the answers!

i'm using my mig welder for welding shelfs, tables, shacks, and projecting roofs.i'm using Iskravar 210 L mig welder which is fabricated in my country, Slovenia and i have a Miller's helmet Inferno with which i'm very satisfied

Villemur, thanks for the praise. What are you using a Dynasty 200 DX for ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X