Fan belt tool Did not want to spend the money! - Miller Welding Discussion Forums

Fan belt tool Did not want to spend the money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kandrwelding
    • Mar 2010

fan cluch removal tool.

A while back I was replacing my watre pump on my 1990 F150 adn had to take the fan off the fan cluch. When I went to auto zone they wahted $15 for the tool to do this when I got it I found out its nothing more than a 56mm wrench made out of 3/8 flat stock. it also had about 5 other wrences to use with other cars and trucks. I layed them out on some plate I had that just happended to be 3/8 and spray painted over them with gloss black so auto zone would not know waht I did, then I cut the mouth of the wrench wiht a grinder to get a good exzact fit on the size ofthe opening for the nut and just torch cut the outer edges of the wrench because it was faster and cost less. I think you could use 1/4 or 1/8 you might need to strengthen up the 1/8.
    Just cause I ain't old don't mean I ain't old school.

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
    -Gen. George Smith Patton, Jr-

If you don't like the sparks and flame you can always be a desk jocky pencil pusher.

You soul better belong to jesus because your @$$ belongs to me.
    -MEGADETH-

Comment

Working...
    X