X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willy
    started a topic Homemade Snowplow

Homemade Snowplow

I posted a while back asking if anyone ever made a homemade snowplow. I wont go into all of the details of the original post - here is the link:

http://www.millerwelds.com/education...ead.php?t=1905

Finally got it done
    A friend of mine gave me a hydraulic pump so I scratched the idea of a manual angle blade with a winch for the lift. The free truck I got ended up shooting a rod out the side of the block before I could get it into the shop, not to mention the bellhousing cracked all the way around (the motor, tranny, and transfer case set me back a few weeks). Here are several pictures - I have reduced all of them for people on Dial up so you cant see a whole lot of detail. If anyone wants to see the larger sized pics let me know. I took it out today on its maiden voyage and everything worked great - just need to adjust the tension on the springs a little...enjoy
    Attached Files

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by badassb5 View Post
    Very nice work. Really proffesional looking also. Buy the way the shop foreman looks a little pissed that you are on the computer and not working.... Looks like a real ballbuster......

Thanks! - Just got done using it again tonight, still working good
    Me and the shop foreman are going to have a come to Jesus meeting before too long. He likes picking up wrenches, bolts, dog bones, and whatever he can get ahold of and hiding them in the strangest places - but all in all Dozer is a pretty good dog....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• badassb5
    replied
    Very nice work. Really proffesional looking also. Buy the way the shop foreman looks a little pissed that you are on the computer and not working.... Looks like a real ballbuster......

Leave a comment:

• junior71991
    replied
    Camera Problems

My digital camera isn't working right now so i will get pics asap.

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by junior71991 View Post
    I built a handy little snowplow for my lawn mower. I got everything needed for free so you can't beat that. The frame is made out of 1 inch square tubing and the plow is made from a old boiler expansion tank that was cut to size. No hydralics or winch needed for this because I just use the lawn mower's deck height adjustment to raise and lower the plow. It is handy for sidewalks because my 4 wheeler's blade is too wide. I will post some pics if you guys want to see it.

willy thanks for posting the pics and info. I have been planning to the same exact thing you did since i can't afford a 4,000 $ plow

Thanks
    Lets see some pics! Let me know if you need any more info - Thanks

Leave a comment:

• junior71991
    replied
    Lawn Mower Snowplow

I built a handy little snowplow for my lawn mower. I got everything needed for free so you can't beat that. The frame is made out of 1 inch square tubing and the plow is made from a old boiler expansion tank that was cut to size. No hydralics or winch needed for this because I just use the lawn mower's deck height adjustment to raise and lower the plow. It is handy for sidewalks because my 4 wheeler's blade is too wide. I will post some pics if you guys want to see it.

willy thanks for posting the pics and info. I have been planning to the same exact thing you did since i can't afford a 4,000 $ plow

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Originally posted by willy View Post
    KBar - I sent you a response - let me know if you did not get it. Thanks for your help!
    Willy, I got it, thanks and your welcome

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    I don't have insurance on it right now and the tail lights dont work. Hate to get into an accident and loose everything I've worked for
    aint that the truth.

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by GLUE STICK View Post
    Nice job on the plow willy.
    what does the whole assembly weigh, can the old chevy hold it up.
    I live in northern B.C. cananda, and do more than my share of snow removal.
    I use a skid steer with a 9'2" plow or a case loader. once the ground is frozen i take the shoes of alltogether, I push all around our helipad's(concrete,ashfalt,grass,gravel) don't ever have a problem.
    I would drive the 30 miles to push his driveway in, it would be worth it.
    Thanks Glue Stick! Havent had a chance to weigh it yet. The old chevy holds it up just fine. Front end sinks about an inch or so when it is raised.

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by FarmBoy View Post
    i made a little blade for my garden tractor. it works pretty good. i put a hydraulic system on my tractor and now im in the process of making a little culitvator

like James said "Lets see some pics!"

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by KBar View Post
    willy, I sent you a private message.

KBar - I sent you a response - let me know if you did not get it. Thanks for your help!

Leave a comment:

• willy
    replied
    Originally posted by fun4now View Post
    great project.
    did you rebuild the POS power plant or just drop in a new/rebuilt one ??

I was going to take a piece of 14ga and start tacking at the bottom and squeeze it into place with a length of large diameter pipe and some ratchet straps but my Dad said his former employer would be glad to do it for me so I went that route - probably for the better.
    don't know about better, but definitely easy-er .

i would switch out the feet ASAP, seems like we start out intending to only use things at the house and before ya know it they are all over the place. just watch how fast word travels about your new plow......................good thing or bad ????? no telling but you definitely gotta watch out for that Murphy's Law guy. he is just not the friendly type.

The motor was rebuilt a few years ago for my 72 C10 (ongoing restoration project). Pretty much stock 350 30 over with a little bigger cam and some minor head work - nothing too fancy on the inside.
    I think I will switch out the feet judging by the advice of those who know. I'm still sticking to my guns and not leaving the acreage with it. Besides, I don't have insurance on it right now and the tail lights dont work. Hate to get into an accident and loose everything I've worked for....Thanks for the response!

Leave a comment:

• GLUE STICK
    replied
    Nice job willy

Nice job on the plow willy.
    what does the whole assembly weigh, can the old chevy hold it up.
    I live in northern B.C. cananda, and do more than my share of snow removal.
    I use a skid steer with a 9'2" plow or a case loader. once the ground is frozen i take the shoes of alltogether, I push all around our helipad's(concrete,ashfalt,grass,gravel) don't ever have a problem.
    I would drive the 30 miles to push his driveway in, it would be worth it.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    ok farm boy you gotta share pic's. i almost made one for my mower, but decided i would drive over the snow insted.

Leave a comment:

• FarmBoy
    replied
    i made a little blade for my garden tractor. it works pretty good. i put a hydraulic system on my tractor and now im in the process of making a little culitvator

Leave a comment:

Working...
X