Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fun4now
    replied
    you didn't mention if this was a new problem on an old welder of your's or new to you but old ?? if you just got it and are having this problem or its been doing fine then went bad.
    has any one used it for flux core and not returned the connections for solid wire ?? are you torch + or - ??
    might be worth a look befor sending it in.

Leave a comment:

• yamahad
    replied
    Originally posted by tacmig View Post
    It sounds like your spraying with slow wire feed (burning holes). i.e. your amps are too high and your wire speed too slow. turn down your amps and/or increase your wire speed.

TacMig
    with a miller 200, you only have a control for voltage. Your wire speed becomes your amperage. Even with the voltage on low and wire speed on low it still does it.

After consulting with someone, I think my problem is a blown rectifier. My DC machine is running AC.

Leave a comment:

• tacmig
    replied
    you're spraying man..

It sounds like your spraying with slow wire feed (burning holes). i.e. your amps are too high and your wire speed too slow. turn down your amps and/or increase your wire speed.

TacMig

Leave a comment:

• crawler
    replied
    Originally posted by yamahad View Post
    Ok, I know how to mig weld, I know what cfh to run, what voltage, and wire speed for diff types of metal and metal thickness but I am encountering a MAJOR problem that for the life of me I can't figure out.

Ok so when I weld instead of the "bacon & eggs" sound it makes a "hissing" sound like a snake. It burns through everything and doesn't flow well.

It's a Millermatic 200, an older one, like 10-15 years or so. It usually works good, but I don't know what could've gone wrong.

Does anyone have any Ideas? A professional welders experience and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Roger
    What shielding gas are you using? Any chance you're welding in spray transfer mode?
    Last edited by crawler; 12-20-2007, 01:35 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• yamahad
    started a topic Question about a Miller 200 (GMAW) welding machine

Question about a Miller 200 (GMAW) welding machine

Ok, I know how to mig weld, I know what cfh to run, what voltage, and wire speed for diff types of metal and metal thickness but I am encountering a MAJOR problem that for the life of me I can't figure out.

Ok so when I weld instead of the "bacon & eggs" sound it makes a "hissing" sound like a snake. It burns through everything and doesn't flow well.

It's a Millermatic 200, an older one, like 10-15 years or so. It usually works good, but I don't know what could've gone wrong.

Does anyone have any Ideas? A professional welders experience and knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Roger
Working...
X