X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admweld
    started a topic 84' of pipe railing

84' of pipe railing

Recent job i fabbed and installed.questions comments fire away.
    Attached Files

• MMW
    replied
    The one I just ballparked to a GC was $53.50 linear foot prime, paint, installed for approx 180'. I haven't heard back yet. After asking around it seems to be about the average here. The cheapest I heard of was $45 a foot.

Leave a comment:

• welder_one
    replied
    lmao!!! ive seen some walls that if the railing were square, then you'd have a hard time tryin to follow the rail, and it would have to be 6 ft tall to meet code cause it was leanin over that bad.........

average, how much per foot are you charging...installed and painted.... i am about 60 to 70 bucks per foot on common guard/ handrail

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Sberry View Post
    I am just curious, I see this on occasion and know its easier but are posts usually square with the wall or plumb with the world?
    Plumb with the world.This wall was fairly level i pre fabbed all these railings in my shop.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Dualie View Post
    Nice work, i wish there was money left in rails around here. I used to do a lot of it and was decent at it. but lately i just cant compete with these pirate guys doing it for 1/8th the price.
    Dualie, I feel your pain.Same thing goes on out my way for every 10 railing jobs i price i land about 3-4.MMW i drill 4" down.

Leave a comment:

• Dualie
    replied
    Nice work, i wish there was money left in rails around here. I used to do a lot of it and was decent at it. but lately i just cant compete with these pirate guys doing it for 1/8th the price.

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    I am just curious, I see this on occasion and know its easier but are posts usually square with the wall or plumb with the world?

Leave a comment:

• MMW
    replied
    How deep did you drill the holes?

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by nrhmarine7 View Post
    How come you switched?
    Because i,m not going to lug a bottle out of my shop to mig weld the joints when i can do it just as easily with 6011 stick.There where only a couple of connections also.If had 400' of railing to install i may switch to my spoolgun and a bottle and start migging but this was a small job not worth it.Also any wind in the field and your mig welding is going to look like crap.

Leave a comment:

• nrhmarine7
    replied
    Originally posted by admweld View Post
    Migged in the shop fabbing/Stick on the install for the field connections/joints.
    How come you switched?

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by nrhmarine7 View Post
    Noob question .......was it mig or stick
    Migged in the shop fabbing/Stick on the install for the field connections/joints.

Leave a comment:

• nrhmarine7
    replied
    Noob question .......was it mig or stick

Leave a comment:

• Sandy
    replied
    Looks pretty good. Nice job. Next they need to get some stops in place before somebody knocks it all down. Brick and all.

Leave a comment:

• admweld
    replied
    Originally posted by Cornerstone View Post
    Hard to tell from the pics but how did you prep the brick for receiving the posts?
    Core drilled a 2-1/2"hole with a Hilti/Te76 hammer drill.

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    Hard to tell from the pics but how did you prep the brick for receiving the posts?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X