Ji,

How far off the wall did you go?

Thx, Curly

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Bob,
    I will try.
    I am trying to show all the steps so if any one does not know how to do certain things they get to see it.
    It is hard to balance showing all the steps and not dragging it out.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• Rbeckett
    replied
    Het Jigantor, I really like the projects you put up, but they are a little hard to follow spread out over a bunch of posts. Could you group em together a little more please, cause I really like your stuff. Thanks!!!
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Hockey,
    Thanks mate.
    Ours would be Bunnings.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• hockeyguynick
    replied
    Originally posted by Jigantor View Post
    Hi Hockey,
    What does Lowes sell?
    I see their name on NASCAR's but don't know what they are.
    Here in Australia Lowes is a mens clothing shop.

Ji
    Its a big hardware store, like Home Depot, Menards, not sure what ya have comparable in Australia, but its like the walmart of hardware

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Hockey,
    What does Lowes sell?
    I see their name on NASCAR's but don't know what they are.
    Here in Australia Lowes is a mens clothing shop.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• hockeyguynick
    replied
    Smooth: quit going to Lowes and taking pics of their stuff! lol, man I thought I had a small fortune in air tools. Looks good though, I outta do somethin similar, I could fit so much more stuff in my tool chest w/o all my air stuff taking up drawers

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Curly,
    No problemo

Ji

Leave a comment:

• curly
    replied
    Thx

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Curly,
    It all depends on the size of your hand, air tools and the length of your tube.
    I made the spacings equal so it looks symetrical.
    Mine are spaced at 80mm or 3 1/8" a part.
    I started 50mm or 2" from both ends.
    I hope this helps

Ji

Leave a comment:

• curly
    replied
    By the way Jigantor, what was the spacing?

Thanks for the feedback fellas
    Last edited by curly; 08-03-2010, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Andy,
    No biggy
    I was thinking about welding them on a steel tube but then the chrome coating would be lost and I would have to paint them, which I hate doing.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jigantor View Post
    Hi Andy,
    The square tube I used is aluminium so I could not weld the Nittos on but if you use a steel tube sure no problems. The heat from the welding may reduce the tension in the Nitto spring but if you just tack it it should be okay.
    The Nittos I purchased had a female thread so I had to purchase bolts to connect them to the tube. If you can find the Nittos with a male thread that would be cheaper and easier. The only thing is that the thread will be 1/4" BSP taper.
    Which would mean that I would have had to buy a thread cutting tap.

Anyway my hanger is not the only way there would be plenty of other ways to hang air tools. Just trying to help out with some tidy up ideas.

Ji
    Ahhh, sorry. That's what I get for not paying enough attention.

I've seen the same trick on the snap-on truck, except he used a nice piece of hardwood trim.

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Andy,
    The square tube I used is aluminium so I could not weld the Nittos on but if you use a steel tube sure no problems. The heat from the welding may reduce the tension in the Nitto spring but if you just tack it it should be okay.
    The Nittos I purchased had a female thread so I had to purchase bolts to connect them to the tube. If you can find the Nittos with a male thread that would be cheaper and easier. The only thing is that the thread will be 1/4" BSP taper.
    Which would mean that I would have had to buy a thread cutting tap.

Anyway my hanger is not the only way there would be plenty of other ways to hang air tools. Just trying to help out with some tidy up ideas.

Ji

Leave a comment:

Working...
X