• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Jrscgsr,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    If you have time I am positive you could get the connectors cheaper than me. Well done mate that makes it affordable for everyone at that price.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Joe,
    I think we are talking about two different things mate, my hanger only has 12 connectors which comes to $48.00. You must be talking about Smooth 72's air tool hanger. Yes he has a lot of air tools. I would say if you can afford that many air tools a few hundred bucks for a hanger is bird seed.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Pat,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    My air tools were getting a bit like what yours at work are. As soon as my hanger was ready I serviced mine and cleaned them up so they look a lot better now as well. After use I now put a few drops of oil into the tool before it goes back on the hanger.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• jrscgsr
    replied
    I picked up 20 connectors for a buck a piece at harbor frieght when I was in the states. There decent looking machined brass connectors. I bought male threaded end ones so I can just drill and tap the bar and thread them in. Thanks for the inspiration jigantor.

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    Originally posted by Jigantor View Post
    A set of 5 connectors for $20.00 that makes each connector $4.00 each.

Ji
    yeah, and i counted at least 30 connectors on his rack, @ $4 each, that is at least $120 total.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied
    Jigantor,

That is a very slick idea you have. After giving it some thought I am determined to do this at home in the shop, and also at work. Most of the air tools at work look like they have been through a war. They are left on the welding table while welding, they are tossed on and slid across the table creating dings and abrasions. One of the great benefits I see in your idea is that if they are connected to the coupler (Nitto) when a person is done using the tool, it will seal the air inlet from all the metal dust and other stuff from grinding. We have had a couple air tools sent in for repair because this metal dust had gotten inside and really affected the tools operation.

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    A set of 5 connectors for $20.00 that makes each connector $4.00 each.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    I picked up a set of 5 connectors for $20.00.

Ji
    wow, that looks like at least $120 just in connectors, i could buy a whole set of cheap disposable chinese air tools for that money.

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    I picked up a set of 5 connectors for $20.00.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• Joe from N.Y.
    replied
    yeah, but how much does each connector cost?

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Macry,
    Sorry I don't understand your post.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• macrylinda
    replied
    Hi Smooth,
    Yes I was about to post the whole thing but got dragged away.
    Here we go.

Ji
    My hanger will be fixed under a metal shelf so I need a beam.
    I purchased a 25 x 25 x 3mm or 1" x 1" x 1/8" aluminium square tube. I also purchased some female Nitto air tool couplers and some 1/2" UNF 20 1 1/4" bolts.
    These are the main parts that were required.

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Hi Curly,
    Good luck and tidy work space.

Ji

Leave a comment:

• curly
    replied
    Thanks Ji,

Hopefully I'm gonna get to that soon. I am doing a lot of organizing and that is definately one that will get done. I''ve already bought all of the stuff I need. My biggest problem now is WHERE to put it But I'll sort that out eventually.

Curly

Leave a comment:

• Jigantor
    replied
    Your very welcome Rudy.
    Good luck

Ji

Leave a comment:

Working...
X