X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jessehornberger
    started a topic Corpus Sculpture

Corpus Sculpture

I was commissioned to make a 5 ft. tall corpus sculpture to hang at the parish of St. Marry Magdalene, Brighton MI. Design was created by me and my brother ( Noah Hornberger) have about 30hours into it so far.

Last edited by jessehornberger; 08-03-2010, 01:35 PM. Reason: Finished!

• stugots
    replied
    very good! im impressed!

Leave a comment:

• jessehornberger
    replied
    Fabrication Complete!

Just Finished the Fabrication of Jesus! Now Spraying with 3 to 4 coats of automotive clear coat (1st coat applyed in 2nt pic). Then installation. I will Post pics when installed! And Thanks for all the Comments and feedback! I am still New to the welding feild and I learn a Lot from reading this message Board!

Last edited by jessehornberger; 08-03-2010, 01:33 PM. Reason: Thank You!

Leave a comment:

• RudyOnWheels
    replied
    Jesse and Josh- Fancy Meetin you here!!! I am impressed by your work Sir! That is pretty darn neat and It will be cool to be able to say "I know the guy who made that" for many years to come!!

Take care fellas!

Rudy

Leave a comment:

• Bob Miller
    replied
    Moved

Like Cornerstone said I was deeply moved.
    Good Luck,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• strube1369
    replied
    Corpus Sculpture

That is striking! It will be gazed at with appreciation, dude.

Leave a comment:

• fabricator
    replied
    Looks like a hit and run.

Leave a comment:

• jessehornberger
    replied
    Update picture!

The progress I have made to date! All He needs is hands and feet, and a method of hanging him on a brick wall. Welding Copper was a new experience for me, Takes lots of heat!

Leave a comment:

• Miller B. Hemmert
    replied
    Very, very nice!!! You have a gift. Please post more pics when it is finished.

Leave a comment:

• Cornerstone
    replied
    You know something, after I finish a weld on structural steel or pipe, it'll get painted or buried and thats the last anyone will see or even think of it. But what you're doing is something people will see daily. They will look at your work and be inspired either to pray, meditate or simply... be moved.
    It is an awesome talent you've been blessed with and I truly admire your work. Bob.

Leave a comment:

• jrscgsr
    replied
    Coming along nicely good progress.

Leave a comment:

• Vernon
    replied
    Iron Man

You could build Iron Man like the movie Looks great. Keep up the great work

Leave a comment:

• jessehornberger
    replied
    Update

Just wanted to show my progress. I have been working on the head and neck

Leave a comment:

• jerems
    replied
    Fantastic!

That is some fantastic work. I'm afraid that if I ever tried to do something like that it would look like a suit of armor that was just run over by a bulldozer.

I like the post-modernistic twist to old world mythology. It's like reverse steampunk! The Greek, Roman and Christian gods are all so interesting. ...do one of Allah and you'll have a fatwa against you!

Great job!

Leave a comment:

• Kayla
    replied
    looks really nice, good job so far :]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X