Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada
    replied
    i use something called a stilo tig. it spins the tungsten just from the angle you hold it on the grinder. also try using a bench belt sander with a 120 grit belt or pad.

Leave a comment:

• Old Sporty
    replied
    Tungsten sharpening jig

This is my version of an idea I got from Flajim over at SFT. It works great and produces consistent, repeatable tips on both my 3/32 and 1/16 tungstens. It was easily made from scrap I had in the shop.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Laiky
    replied
    This has been beaten to death, a search would turn up lots of good info. i like a diamond lapidary wheel, cheap, easy and fast.

Leave a comment:

• JJE
    replied
    You can look on down the list and find the post I put in about a week or so. And see the things that people posted my on this.

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    personally, i use a dictionary to sharpen my tongue. ohhhh... you mean tungsten! Sorry. I lost it there for a sec.

There are tons of posts on the subject. Some like a belt sander while others like a grinder. some stones or belts are dedicated purely to the tung, others arent.

I have a fairly smooth carbide stone that i use for everything and i dont notice any problems yet
    sharpen your tips to a conical profile 1.5 times the dia of the electrode.
    sharpen in the same direction as the length of the electrode.

slightly blunt off the point or leave sharp.
    when using A/C the tip or DCEP the tip will form its own ball.

check this out.. a wealth of info! http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/
    Last edited by SignWave; 11-27-2007, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dredgewelder
    started a topic tungsten ?

tungsten ?

I was woundering what some of u guys use to sharpen ur tung. I have a benchgrinder but i feel that the stone on it is contaminting it. i have a syn 200 ive dedicated 1 side just 4 tung. when i weld steel and i stop the tip of my tung is yellow. when i took my tig class at school i used a belt sander or the pirhanna. im also still on my 1st box of tungsten its a housebrand i got from my lws. any info is always appreciated.
Working...
X