Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash
    replied
    Nice. The frame for a press that I started working on ten years ago is under my scrap pile. One of these days ...

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Well i have it finished. Added some jack supports and made up some tooling for U joints. It took 5 minutes to remove both ends of a driveshaft...Bob
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• davinci2010
    replied
    Hey, those wheel bearings are supposed to be lubed for life! I can laugh at this because I spent over a decade in G.M. dealers as a tech. Best of luck and I do like the press.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Thanks i will modify it. There wasn't a whole lot of them to look at when i cut it out in Jan of '96...Bob

Leave a comment:

• ligito
    replied
    Scary, without something to guide and retain the ram.

Leave a comment:

• aametalmaster
    started a topic Shop Press

Shop Press

Here is my shop press i started 10 years ago. Well i needed it so i had to get it done. The frame is 3x3 angle with 1" holes punched in them. I still need to add some springs or a cable/weight system to keep the jack up at the top. This frame will double as a gantry crane with the bed removed and a chain hoist hung on the top to lift up my 2 lathes onto the legs. Tried it out today pressing some high dollar bearings on my daughters Aveo front hubs...Bob
    Attached Files
Working...
X