Shop Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop Press

Here is my shop press i started 10 years ago. Well i needed it so i had to get it done. The frame is 3x3 angle with 1" holes punched in them. I still need to add some springs or a cable/weight system to keep the jack up at the top. This frame will double as a gantry crane with the bed removed and a chain hoist hung on the top to lift up my 2 lathes onto the legs. Tried it out today pressing some high dollar bearings on my daughters Aveo front hubs...Bob
    Attached Files
    Bob Wright

Scary, without something to guide and retain the ram.
    Millermatic 211 AutoSet w/MVP
    Century 110 volt 90/110 MIG-Gone to my son, in Texas
    Victor SuperRange OA
    Milwaukee Cold Cut Saw
    Milwaukee Portable Deep Cut Bandsaw
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg
    Jet Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw
    Jet MD-18 Mill Drill
    Orbit Drill Press
    12 Ton Floor Press
    2002 E-350 V-10:
    1983 F-150 4.9L 6
    2004 Honda ST1300
    2007 Suzuki LTA400F Quad
    1997 Suzuki DR650

Comment

Thanks i will modify it. There wasn't a whole lot of them to look at when i cut it out in Jan of '96...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Hey, those wheel bearings are supposed to be lubed for life! I can laugh at this because I spent over a decade in G.M. dealers as a tech. Best of luck and I do like the press.
        Sometimes there's no second chances.

Comment

Well i have it finished. Added some jack supports and made up some tooling for U joints. It took 5 minutes to remove both ends of a driveshaft...Bob
          Attached Files
          Bob Wright

Comment

Nice. The frame for a press that I started working on ten years ago is under my scrap pile. One of these days ...

Comment

Working...
            X