X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hockeyguynick
    replied
    Originally posted by adambullet
    hello. i came across your post because i was doing some research on these bumper guides that my friend recommended me which he got from that site. i was just hoping for some feedback in case anyone might have heard or tried these products. any help will be appreciated, thanks.
    They seem kinda pricey compared to the clearance sticks I've seen, although it may be the LED you are paying for.

Those Moose Guards are sweet lookin, I had to change a tire on a Volvo VN on the side of the road one night with one of them on it, makes it fun tryin to slide under there to get a jack on it.

Leave a comment:

• jasonmckibben
    replied
    I think I am going to try that

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    i like the foam board idea easy to cut and holds shape

THANKS!!

Leave a comment:

• ck welding
    replied
    I've built a few bumpers. I've always had good luck making them on the truck out of 1/4" foam board (available at Walmart) first. Its pretty sturdy stuff.

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    no there not built over a frame its mostly brake work i think for me to build it i would have to build some kinda of frame jig to do it. i think i would make a model out of some thin plywood and hot glue it togethor to make the model then brake it down to make the pieces.

i think there would be alot of tack and tweak id imagine once you get some key pieces in all the real funky angles will fall in place. i would like to make the center section out of steel so i can put my winch in it and have a aluminum outer hmm or stainless??? i still really havent found a bumper i really really like

i still want to make a custom louvered stainless grille for my 97 F350 theres a grille i saw on a pete 379 that looked awesome!! it was like 1" strips at a 45deg angle. i want to make it so i can slide a bug screen or air block behind it

Leave a comment:

• jasonmckibben
    replied
    Ok so I have hit; deer, dogs, cats, big birds, gates, trees, and even tapped a few cattle but a MOOSE. thats gota dent something.
    thanks dusty for the hint on the angles. I actualy found one this week that I am going to drag in and just copy.

Originally posted by jake View Post
    ive been wanting to make a bumper more like the road armor/ alien patrol bumper. i might get to it this winter or i may just make one like the ranchhand style.
    I was looking at those road armor bumpers they look prety cool but dang hard with all the wild angles. Are they built over a tube base or what?

Leave a comment:

• Jeepnford
    replied
    Originally posted by SignWave View Post
    thats a brush guard... this is a moose bumper

http://www.truckersmall.net/herd.html bet its made in the states too.
    A guy next door to where I work has a Ranch Hand bumper/brush guard on his pickup. For a light/medium duty truck they look like a good setup. A heck of a lot tougher than a standard bumper.

Leave a comment:

• DetroitWelder
    replied
    I built mine out of card board first to work out all the angles and make sure it looked right first. Then I had all the cardboard templates to transfer on the steel. Mines all assembled and welded but I keep adding crap like inset fog lights and A front bumper trailer hitch for moving trailers in and out of my way
    I used a winch style bumper by Road Armor for a Ford as the design and built it to fit my Chevy. I cant wait to paint it.

Leave a comment:

• jake
    replied
    ive been wanting to make a bumper more like the road armor/ alien patrol bumper. i might get to it this winter or i may just make one like the ranchhand style.

Leave a comment:

• oilburner
    replied
    The Ranchhand replacement bumpers are popular out here in the oilfields.
    Good protection from deer damage. I hit a doe once on the highway with mine, and just vaporized her.

Usually made from 4" pipe, and many use it as an air tank.

On a light work truck, a vise or other tool is often mounted on a rear replacement bumper.

Leave a comment:

• Dustyhaze75
    replied
    bumper base ............

the pictures are for the rear bumper. the front bumper is the same, except instead of being strait you have angles. ha ha ha ha ha ha signwave.................
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• SignWave
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeepnford View Post
    thats a brush guard... this is a moose bumper

http://www.truckersmall.net/herd.html bet its made in the states too.

Leave a comment:

• Jeepnford
    replied
    Here's what they really are. http://www.ranchhand.com/FrontBumperReplacements.aspx

Leave a comment:

• woof
    replied
    ranchhand style bumpers?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something from Brokeback Mountain

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    Hey sign, your Moose Bumpers are designed to protect the truck when hitting a Moose, we have slightly different targets here in the US!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X