• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KBar
    replied
    Originally posted by migman69 View Post
    these pictures are of my first time ever doing GMAW
    Not bad for the first time. I had a little trouble viewing the pics, they looked very glossy, maybe its my computer but try turning the flash off next time if you are in a well lit area. From what I could see, I would clean your metal a little better if using a 7018 rod. Looks like your amperage may have been just a tad low, try another 5 amps, if thats not enough to give you a nice puddle, try 5 more at a time. Also, slow down a little, thats why your stringers are wide, then narrow. You should be getting an average distance of 8" out of the rod.

Keep the pics coming

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    these pictures are of my first time ever doing GMAW

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    well finally that worked lol here is my first time gmaw welding what do you all think
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    both great suggestions thanks and i downloaded the photo sizer so ill see how well that works in a minute.

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    If you go with a skid steer, you are going to be tearing up the yard when you turn that thing. A quad might be your best bet or an old small farm tractor, then build a set of forks for the front that you can mount to the bucket. If you live in an area where there is snow, the tractor could serve double duty in snow removal, good money in that when your not welding.

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    may well be cheaper to hit TSC for a quad and go from there. i suspect once you have it you will find many uses for it.

as for smaller pic'c. if you have win.XP there is an Image Resizer for free download from microsoft. works great, easy and fast to download .
    here
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    first mig welds

i dont have any picture of my stick welding yet but here are some pics of my first gmaw welds. well shoot i have to figure out how to make the pics smaller once i do ill post them

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    that would work but i dont have anything to pull a trailer with and i was kinda hopeing for something that would be able to lift things if needed too. I was thinking about a used skidsteer or something small manuverable, but can lift stuff on pallets with a fork attachment, but at the same time i want to keep costs down also. It would be a shame to buy a bobcat even used and just use it to move metal once in a while. Although if i build a cart i could get a cheap quad from TSC to haul it that may be the cheapest route what do you guys think?

Leave a comment:

• fun4now
    replied
    build a traiklor to haul it behind your riding mower, or quad.
    nice set of big quad tires to keep the grass safe.

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    moving metal

does anyone have a good idea as to how to move metal around. I have a fairly smallish yard thats next to the road so any truck that would be delivering the metal would be able to pull right up next to the yard only problem is theres a hill nopt to steep but a hill none the less. and i would need to get the metal from the truck to my shop entrance which is at the back of the house, i had considerd buying a used towmotor but that wont work cause i have all grass to travel through, any ideas to dang bad 4 wheel drive towmotors are so danged big. if any one has an idea please let m know.

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    lol never thought of that

Leave a comment:

• KBar
    replied
    Originally posted by migman69 View Post
    Well dangt if class wasnt cancelled again today cause of the weather lol thats 2 days in the last week or so, oh well what can u do.

Move to a warmer climate

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    Well dangt if class wasnt cancelled again today cause of the weather lol thats 2 days in the last week or so, oh well what can u do.

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    well i finally figured out why we could not get that al to weld right the stinger was messed up we took out the old tip and put a new tip in it worked like a charm

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    ill have to look monday when i go to school and let you know the model of it , i will also post some pics of my welds too so i can get advice on themas well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X