X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat-Fab.com
    replied
    Originally posted by trapherscott View Post
    Hi all, my welding experience is very limited, mostly it is quick repairs here on my farm. I have some one inch steel plate that I need weld together, does anyone have any suggestions as to how big of a welder I will need to get this job done? right now I only have a 135 mig & I don't think that is big enough, so I thought I would ask before I go out and buy something....
    Any machine with an out put of 130 amps DC/CC 20% duty cycle and a hand full of 1/8" 7018 and that 1" plate is all but welded.

You don't need the AC for steel.

TJ

Leave a comment:

• Jolly Roger
    replied
    I agree with paul, heheh. If you have to ask what kind of equipment you need in a welding shop you are a loooooong ways from being ready to own one.

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Your results may vary

Tried a forth time to send you some info. Where are the kids when you need them?

Leave a comment:

• Steve
    replied
    Here is some info from Lincoln on the fastest way to stick weld thick plate. Oops file is to big so will try to PM it to ya. Your results may vary.

Leave a comment:

• pthunberg
    replied
    Migman69

Look at the $17,000.00 Miller ultimate shop Sweepstakes. That would work for me.

Paul

Leave a comment:

• trapherscott
    replied
    stick it is then

I appreciate the replies, I'll pick up an ac/dc stick welder then...thanks much

Leave a comment:

• migman69
    replied
    similiar question

im thinking about starting up my own welding and fabrication business what type of miller machines will i need to handle any type of metal and thickness some stuff i weld is thicker than a inch?

Leave a comment:

• Danny
    replied
    Yeah, the Thunderbolt, or Stickmate will handle this thickness in mutiple passes just fine.

If you want to go with a wire feed, MM 212 would be the minimum, but the MM252 sized unit would be better.

Leave a comment:

• Wacko Welder
    replied
    Originally posted by sberry View Post
    This is a broad question but a farm needs a Hobart AC/DC Stickmate.
    You really mean a Miller AC/DC Thunderbolt

Leave a comment:

• Sberry
    replied
    This is a broad question but a farm needs a Hobart AC/DC Stickmate.

Leave a comment:

• trapherscott
    started a topic what is needed to weld 1" plate

what is needed to weld 1" plate

Hi all, my welding experience is very limited, mostly it is quick repairs here on my farm. I have some one inch steel plate that I need weld together, does anyone have any suggestions as to how big of a welder I will need to get this job done? right now I only have a 135 mig & I don't think that is big enough, so I thought I would ask before I go out and buy something....
Working...
X